All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Any suggestions..??

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Heading across the channel on Eurostar next week for a few days in Bruges. My good lady is treating me for my birthday.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bars, restaurants or music places in the city??

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
No recommendations other than watch the film 'In Bruges'.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Afraid not but I hope you have a fab time :)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Used to busk there with my old skiffle/ blues band, lovely city. No specific recommendation but a generally nice ambience some great bars. Maastricht- nearby- used to have an excellent Jazz/Blues bar in the main square (the very leafy square up the hill, not the one with the town hall)… we ended up being the house band there one summer

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Thanks Folks.... I am sure if there is any music happening we will find it....lf not then I guess a few beers will help dull the pain :)

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
What I remember about a fleeting visit as a student was a bar with over a hundred varieties of bottled beer

Paradise

MartinL

All I would say about Bruges is take some cash, I really like it there but be warned there are only two or maybe three cashpoint machines in the town.

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
What I remember about a fleeting visit as a student was a bar with over a hundred varieties of bottled beer

Paradise
Could be this one then

[h=2]Brugs Beertje
[/h]Legendary throughout Bruges, Belgium and beyond for its hundreds of Belgian brews, this cosy brown café is filled with old advertising posters and locals who are part of the furniture.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
All I can say is lucky you,we were fortunate to spend our last night there as we returned from a holiday touring in france last year,very interesting with lots to see and loads of bars and restaurants and things to do can't really recomend one in particular but you might like to take a look at the Irish Bar that is right next to the Crown Plaza Hotel in the corner of the small square that the Hotel stands in,sorry can't remember the name,I hope you enjoy your trip...john

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber

Paradise
Be careful with those belgian beers.... Many of them have 2-3 times the alcohol content of british beer.

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Back from Belgium.... Great time, good food, nice beers.... but so effing cold....

Back in the UK and it is even colder... Roll on my fortnight in Mexico in July..

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom