Smiffy

I have reeds but all really bad, I did try shaving a few but gave up

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Yeah BUT were you hit up the back of your motorbike and looked like this

Thought not ;}

Young Col

Garry, I thought that was what happened after your bike crash not after you tried shaving a few.. (what, bristles?).

Can you get reeds tomorrow now or would you like me to pop a couple of suitable ones in the post? On further thoughts I am going to Jonny Myall's in Croydon tomorrow while Mrs YC does some shopping. PM me for what you want and I'll get you a whole box if you like.
Colin

Yeah BUT were you hit up the back of your motorbike and looked like this

Thought not ;}

Ah..!!..:blush.. but as a e.g. my best mate(we've known each other 50yrs, played in many bands over the years) is a very talented guitarist, always depended on a myriad of stomp boxes powered by PP9 bateries...did he ever carry spares before important gigs...???...did he ever have a spare guitar lead when his went crackly...???...muggins here was always on hand to provide backup, if you have any sort of ambitions to be 'serious' about playing/performing keeping 3/4/5 selected/blown in reeds is a 'no brainer'..:)

Taz

Busking Oracle
if you have any sort of ambitions to be 'serious' about playing/performing keeping 3/4/5 selected/blown in reeds is a 'no brainer'..:)
Sadly Smiffy had his removed, as you can see from the post op pictures (the bike accident story was just a cover up!) ;}

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Well I got 2 standard Rico 2.5, the guy was to expensive for a box £17

Yeah Right!!!

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Well I won't be buying them again, it was all he really had but way to bright

I thought £17 for a box was a rip off but it looks like reeds have gone up 50% :(

jonf

Reeds cost

Hmm, not so sure about this. The pound has been strengthening since January, which doesn't fit in with the increasing cost of reeds recently. I think there's a problem with supply of quality cane which is causing price rises, which Rico et al are forced (only too happy) to pass on to customers.

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Hmm, not so sure about this. The pound has been strengthening since January, which doesn't fit in with the increasing cost of reeds recently. I think there's a problem with supply of quality cane which is causing price rises, which Rico et al are forced (only too happy) to pass on to customers.
That sounds like it

Top Bottom