• Yes I read em all

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Maybe, I read the odd one

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Waste of time for me

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Nick Cook

I think they are read Ian. If you click on a particular blog entry, it shows the number of views and the numbers seem quite high (it makes me wonder how accurate they are, one of mine went to over 700 views).

Like you, I have wondered if the lack of comments make it worth it - but if the number of views is accurate, then I suppose it is.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I see little point in them - it's really a very similar idea to a forum post. And one has to wonder how many of the readers are bots or wrong links from Google etc....

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Ian

I personally like reading the blogs and wish some of our more experienced members did some blogging,I'm sure a lot of members would like to hear how some of the regular gigging members go about there sax activities, ie practice sessions, personal practicing, preparing for giggs, people they meet at giggs, and a whole range of things the less experienced would benefit from...john

Sunray

I must admit to reading most of them and find them useful as they cover the subject in a way that isn't always possible in the forums as replies can lead to the subject wandering off at a tangent sometimes ... :)

visionari1

Hi,
As a regular blogger only when I am traveling, I think they are read by my friends and this is a great way to stay in touch with them. I can also look back (years now) and relive and remember through my blogs my thoughts and experiences at that time. My current blog, for me is a great record, that I would have not taken the time to record in the way that I have unless I was doing a blog. I have read others blogs and been entertained and educated on many different subjects without repying to them, this is the nature of the blogging medium.
A blog is not like a forum in that it is written and then (perhaps) gets a reply. Whereas a forum (for me anyway) is more chatty and can therefore go off topic.

So are blogs worth it..... Well you pays no money and you takes no chance, you enjoy or not, you only get out what you put in.... Whose to judge, are they worth it, only the individual on both ends of the blog can say.

Some would say are forums worth it though not I.

Whatdya reckon then?
Cheers & Ciao
Jimu

Chris98

Do you have anything to say that is of interest to others? If you do then invariably people will read and continue to read the blog. If you don't...

I generally don't have anything to say, hence no blog, twitter or website.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Blogs tend to work best if you keep at them regularly (guilty), this way you build up a following and it can really work. It is more like a public diary or a newspaper column than a forum post.

Views may well include bots from Google and other search engines of course, but this is not a bad thing if they are getting indexed in the search engines, it all helps with the site.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
For me a blog misses the feedback and discussion. Blogs like Stephen Hough's get a lot of feedback, but the majority of blogs are not worth reading. If guys want an on line diary, fine.. And the interesting ones will gain a following.

But we need to be careful about blogs - there seems to be a move in some aereas to use blogs instead of reference articles...

OP
half diminished

half diminished

I was really referring to Blogs on here rather than in general. I have to say I don't usually look at Blogs anywhere else but then I don't use beebo, facebook, twitter or anything else like these.

It just struck me that the posts here get a lot more interest/comment than the Blogs and so I asked myself, is it worth Blogging or not. Seems about 50/50 in favour though still not many comments on the Blogs.

Little My

Practice makes better.
I read them, I love blogs though am not very good at commenting on them. I'd love to do one of my own but think I probably don't have enough posts, or am being particularly blonde in not seeing the new blog button.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I read them, I love blogs though am not very good at commenting on them. I'd love to do one of my own but think I probably don't have enough posts, or am being particularly blonde in not seeing the new blog button.
No, no blonder than me. I think there is a general policy of a certain number of posts before you get blogging permissions, but I can override that if you want. Send me a PM.

Col

I don't blog, but I think the secret is to keep them short.

They should be one-liners. I'm saying this as the most successful Bloggers are generally 'celebrities' (D-list), or perhaps they're just unable to string more than one sentence/thought together at a time?

DaveW

Do you have anything to say that is of interest to others? If you do then invariably people will read and continue to read the blog. If you don't...

I generally don't have anything to say, hence no blog, twitter or website.
How can you say that Chris!

Your many pages in the beginners section was read avidly by many on the forum, that alone would have made a good blog.

It was/is great watching your progress and reading your well written posts.

Go on...do a blog, you know you want to :)

Chris98

Hi Dave & Nick,

Thank you for your kind comments on my beginners’ diary, it was fun to write and gratifying to know that it was read.

When I say I’ve got nothing to say, it’s true. I’m currently battling the inner musical demons! Self-centred navel gazing really isn’t much fun to read or write about, so until I’m over this little hump and have some sense of direction again I’ll spare you all.

Best wishes,

Chris

Nick Cook

Hi Dave & Nick,

Thank you for your kind comments on my beginners’ diary, it was fun to write and gratifying to know that it was read.

When I say I’ve got nothing to say, it’s true. I’m currently battling the inner musical demons! Self-centred navel gazing really isn’t much fun to read or write about, so until I’m over this little hump and have some sense of direction again I’ll spare you all.

Best wishes,

Chris
Ok - we'll let you off then Chris. I might mention my own navel gazing in my next post!!!

:)

Top Bottom