All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Microphones Any Good?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I've got one on my saw.... very noisy but it works ok. If you put that on a sax I'd anticipate ear shatter levels of keywork clatter....

jbtsax

Café Supporter
They work ok when used with a tuner---for amplification purposes not so well. The energy of the body vibrations even at the bell are insignificant when compared with the soundwave inside the tube.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Its clip on microphone (contact mic)... the mic diaphram's inside a suction cup meaning it's very feedback resistant but picks up EVERYTHING its in contact with, whether you want it to or not....

old git

Tremendous Bore
Andrew,
It is pointless trying to educate the great unwashed. Best to keep the secrets of clawhammer, double thumbing, pull offs, the 60 odd tunings and inside and outside rolls to the cognoscenti. Seeing they need how many pages of Gary instruction to improvise, would you trust any of them to fit a new velum or adjust a neck?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
I wish I understood what is written in some of these threads!

The secret is to nod sagely, memorise it and trot it out sometime in the future when you're sure your audience won't have a clue, but needs to be impressed. They, not wishing to show their ignorance will then play the same game, marking you down as either an expert in the subject, or an expert bulls...ter, both of which will increase your standing in their eyes.

It's just like sax players improvising by quoting each other's standard licks....

old git

Tremendous Bore
The secret is to nod sagely, memorise it and trot it out sometime in the future when you're sure your audience won't have a clue, but needs to be impressed. They, not wishing to show their ignorance will then play the same game, marking you down as either an expert in the subject, or an expert bulls...ter, both of which will increase your standing in their eyes.

World War 3?

Colin the Bear

Well it arrived. I must say I'm quite impressed.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-the-bear/cherub-test

Clipped it on the bell of the tenor and gave it a blow into audacity. No effects, Had to reduce the input on audacity to 2/10.

I can't hear any key clatter.

The cable it comes attached to is quite thin and only 3m. The clip has a rubber grip and there's a rubber pad on the piezo itself.

It certainly has possibilities. And under £3.

Last edited:

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom