Supporting   special needs music

Saxophones Antigua Pro One Alto

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Had the pleasure of looking and listening to one of these altos last night at CurlyWoodwind.
Very nice sax, beautiful colour (deep gold) lovely engraving, some quirky touches in rolled tone holes (bottom end) trident arms, non sticking G# key....
Lovely deep sounding bottom end (albeit the player) but nonetheless lovely sound.
I'll upload the demo vid when it's done. (Not me doing the demo)
Think they will be priced around £1400-£1500 mark

Pro One Alto Sax from Antigua - designed by Peter Ponzol

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
I tried the tenor Pro One at Oxford last year and was well impressed, not tried the alto though.

Alphorn

Locality
South of Munich
When I was looking for my first Tenor and having had limited experience (1 year on alto) I tried the pro one. Was impressed by the sound, the fat bottom end and the ease of playing. Two things I remember. It was a heavy horn relative to others I tested, but well within the range of other Taiwan horns. The right hand was uncomfortable to me as the thumb hook was screwed to a quite thick base plate which spread my hand unnecessarily. But still a very decent horn. Additionally there is also a pro one soprano that gets good reviews on the net. Sadly there has been no German distributor for several years and chances for testing are almost non existent here.

Alphorn

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
The right hand was uncomfortable to me
Which is why the good (experienced) people on here advice to try before you buy, i haven't tried one yet but I'm going to try out the alto.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Dream on Mr Sanders plus i have a space in my music room all ready and waiting for its big brother ST8 ;)

nickh

Locality
Peak District. Uk
@trimmy only just seen this. Funnily enough i was looking at Bobs review of the Antigua Tenor on youtube. Was another video of a girl playing various Antigua Tenors too and was taken with the sound. Hmmmm potential GAS attack.:headscratch:

Love Bob's reviews by the way. Very honest.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom