support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Another week another song

For anybody interested in the process.here's the ist rough mix of my newest Album number . Standin in the dark.

For anybody interested in the process.here's the ist rough mix of my newest Album number . Standin in the dark.
Another ball of energy

This one is called gig economy 2nd from top, really really ist mix down of rough job.I haven't really thought out middle yet but that's the fun I suppose.
It will go on my" thoughts of Leith" album soon.

I really like the sax solo but - to my ear - the mix was a bit strange. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but on this and other tracks, the mix IHMO
seems to filter out the mid-tone frequencies. So the drums/bass come though but less resonant than they might have been. Both the voice and the sax have the high-frequency tones but lack the mid-tones that I'd normally associate with voice/sax.

Anyway, your sax solo was great!

Mike

This one" thoughts of you "is kind of a political statement about a struggle with city development company grrrr
And is close to being the title song. Another few to do then I will remix s few and call a halt. .

@TimboSax. thanks for listens and gentle comments, did redo and its now on the "thoughts of leith" album. The old laptop really straining to do these multitracked vox Thanks Heavens for ASIO4All

I used to use it all the time! I picked up a Focusrite interface a while back and the drivers for that are excellent. I was able to record the band using the full 8 channels at once on my laptop. Now all we've got to do is learn to play properly :)

I really like the sax solo but - to my ear - the mix was a bit strange. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but on this and other tracks, the mix IHMO
seems to filter out the mid-tone frequencies. So the drums/bass come though but less resonant than they might have been. Both the voice and the sax have the high-frequency tones but lack the mid-tones that I'd normally associate with voice/sax.

Anyway, your sax solo was great!

Mike
Thanks for the listens and comments.
Re mix. I deliberately mixed for ear and headphones and small speakers. Have not had chance to listen on monitor reference style speakers and probably won't. If I ever were to commit it to magnetic tape CD or vinyl then I would either get it done or redo myself. At the mo it's an exercise in self expression.

For anybody interested in the process and progress or perhaps looking forward to having a bash themselves.
Literally just of computer 1st rough mix not finished writing it actually

This one is called stop looking back and will go to the thoughts of Leith album soon.

For anybody interested in the process and progress or perhaps looking forward to having a bash themselves.
Literally just of computer 1st rough mix not finished writing it actually

This one is called stop looking back and will go to the thoughts of Leith album soon.
Upbeat

Latest number, first mixdown rough vox. content provider. No sax or woodwind yet or needed perhaps we,ll see.