Another wanderer returns!

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Hi folks - just got around to re-subscribing, what kept me?

Happy to report that the work sax quartet is finally off the ground, though not with the originally anticipated personnel; the MD wimped out of playing tenor, citing lack of practice. However, he did have the sense to appoint a new guy who plays tenor with the Ockbrook Big Band - so of course he's usually on soprano, as we have another newish person who has a tenor. Unless she's playing my bari. Clear? And as often as not someone dips out at the last minute due to work, or snow, or something, leaving us as a trio or duet...

Still, it's a laugh.

#2 son recently passed his Grade 4 alto, much miffed not to get at least a merit, but still pretty creditable for 9½ I reckon.

Cheers

Jonathan

RedBottom

Lo Phil, from another returner. Forgive me if I don't remember your name, but then I can't remember anyone here except Pete. I've met a lot of people since I was here last.:)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome back to the forum Jonathan, don't get tangled up in a war with that dastardly 9½ year old, they fight dirty you know!

Mamos

Hi Jonathan

Welcome back

How are you finding the gear4music bari?

A very good price and Mr Howard liked it

I never thought I could afford a bari but now I not so sure

mamos

OP
h4yn0nnym0u5e

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Welcome back
Thanks
How are you finding the gear4music bari?

A very good price and Mr Howard liked it
Well, still struggling in one or two places, though I'm pretty convinced at least some of it is down to my own incompetence!:confused: I bought it off eBay a year or so ago, sold by Gear4Music themselves and advertised at a heavily marked-down price as being stuffy & flat around the top G. This I find to be true, but not necessarily all the time. Could be tiredness, weather, phase of the moon, you name it. The other thing is the palm key notes have a tendency to come out an octave too low. I've gone up to a Rico Royal 3 and still suffer from that, don't want to go stronger because being a bari it's really the lower notes I want to work, which they do, very nicely thank you...

One of these days I must have it looked over properly. I did take it in to Wood Wind and Reed, but didn't leave it with them, and they didn't find anything they thought significant in their quick look-see. I'm going to the Cambridge Sax & Clarinet Day, so maybe someone there'll have an opinion.

Course, I could always flog it and get a BW!:w00t:

Cheers

Jonathan

OP
h4yn0nnym0u5e

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Welcome back to the forum Jonathan, don't get tangled up in a war with that dastardly 9½ year old, they fight dirty you know!
Too right - just watch him playing Halo 3... As for taking him on at the axe, forget it, he's already better than me in some ways (knows more scales & arpeggios properly, for a start).

Cheers

Jonathan

Top Bottom