All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Another vid on Tumblr

Shorter and edited. Adjustments made - neck strap and sax neck/crook... On my Tumblr account. :) Would like to see what you think from the adjustments. Cheers. Fi.

ArtyLady

Well done! - the higher note intonation will come in time. I would recommend playing your scales to a metronome though to get into a good rhythm habit. keep up the good work! :thumb:

Chris98

Hello Miss Saxophone,

I think it is great that you are keeping a blog of your progress and making videos.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to analyse your audio:

The red sections indicates that you have clipped the signal, and this has created a lot of distortion on your recording. For future recordings it would be worthwhile seeing if you can reduce the mic gain, looking again at the analysis, I would suggest by quite a bit. We will then have a much cleaner recording on which to comment on.

Best wishes,

Chris

No wonder it was clipping, it had a 10dB boost on the mic! Taken that off now, and it should sound fine. Thanks once again!

Mike

I agree wholeheartedly with Artylady. Always practice with a metronome.
After 34 years of on and off practice I still practice with a metronome. I've found that after layoffs
tone remains static yet my rhythm always suffers.

It's good your documenting your practice. It's always beneficial to compare as you progress. It's equally important to hear yourself as well as listen to the pro's who have accomplished their quest to attain a wonderful tone.

Well done!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom