All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Another Time traveler entering the forum

Can-Am Sax

I just want to say hi to all. It's been nearly 30 years since I last played (and not very well) my Yani A-4 alto. Unfortunately it's not playable. For sentimental reasons, I can't part with it so its restoration is on my to-do list. I recently purchased a Bauhaus Walstein M2 (heard Pete play it) and I'm loving it. Forums, postings, blogs and such are all new to me so I hope I don't break any rules. From what I've read so far, this seems to be a very diverse, informative and friendly forum. What has amazed me the most during my rediscovery of the sax, are all the resources and tools available. Back in the day, there were no mp3's, PDFs, midi files, backing tracks, on-line tutorials, forums, you-tube, etc. With all that available to me today I'm really have fun with my new sax. I was born and raised in Canadian but now live in New Jersey.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome aboard from cold snowy Scotland! I also have an M2, but the tenor - superb instruments.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Amanda

Sunray

I just want to say hi to all. It's been nearly 30 years since I last played (and not very well) my Yani A-4 alto. Unfortunately it's not playable. For sentimental reasons, I can't part with it so its restoration is on my to-do list. I recently purchased a Bauhaus Walstein M2 (heard Pete play it) and I'm loving it. Forums, postings, blogs and such are all new to me so I hope I don't break any rules. From what I've read so far, this seems to be a very diverse, informative and friendly forum. What has amazed me the most during my rediscovery of the sax, are all the resources and tools available. Back in the day, there were no mp3's, PDFs, midi files, backing tracks, on-line tutorials, forums, you-tube, etc. With all that available to me today I'm really have fun with my new sax. I was born and raised in Canadian but now live in New Jersey.
Hey Hey Can-Am-Sax ... [CAS sounds much better ...] ;}

Welcome to the Cafe mate ... Nice to meet you ... :thumb:

This [Link] is something you may wish to put on you Xmas list ... [If you don't already have it] ...

Don't worry to much about your inexperience with forums etc ... Just Yell if you need any help ... :)

Have fun here mate ... We all do :w00t:

Can-Am Sax

Thanks Sunray, bought it a couple months ago. Great book. Waiting for the courage to attempt a full re-pad. I do need a good source for pads. Preferably North America (shipping costs, customs, etc.)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Can-Am Sax.

Trust you have a McLaren or Lola Can Am to go with it.

ENJOY!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Thanks Sunray, bought it a couple months ago. Great book. Waiting for the courage to attempt a full re-pad. I do need a good source for pads. Preferably North America (shipping costs, customs, etc.)
Pads/Tools: Music Medic, Ferees tools. Both highly recommended. Good articles on their sites as well.

You'll get almost everything (probably everything) from those two suppliers.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Welcome! Most of my family are from USA and moved to Canada (much more civilised). Not sure why you went the other way. I went to New Zealand and Australia. Not that civilised but less crowded and warmer. Best of luck in N.J. isn't that the best place to find Sopranos?

Can-Am Sax

Thanks Wade. You never know when and where opportunity knocks. Working for a big multi-national, my wife was offered a temporary position in the states. Kids were young and we were adventurous and it was only a 7 hour car ride from our families in Toronto. 14 years later and we're still here but I consider Toronto home.

We visited Australia a few years ago (again that multi-national company) and had a great time. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

I haven't come across too many high-pitched women who sing opera. But I'll keep looking for you.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Was actually thinking of the TV "family" The sopranos. Nice Jersey boys with an interesting lifestyle.

Let us know when you come back down. We are in Far North Queensland near Cairns, and in New Zealand near Auckland. Not the center of the known universe for music and the arts, but OK.

Cheers.

Can-Am Sax

I know you were...badda bing! Please no Snooki remarks.

Would love to visit down under again. A typhoon kept me from going to the Great Barrier reef, but I did get to climb the girders of the bridge at Sydney harbour. Saving those air miles for retirement. With my luck airlines will go bankrupt before I can redeem them.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom