support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Scam Another scam on eBay - be careful out there!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:shocked:

You may have noticed this one. Four lovely saxophones keep appearing together week after week at £0.65 or similar starting price, 1 day listing....
407650872.jpg

In the text it says you can buy it now for $2,500 but have to email the seller on a quoted email address. If you bid you CANNOT then buy it now...
407650873.jpg

407650893.jpg

I looked at these four listings at 10am today, left them each open in separate browser tabs, then three hours later when I refreshed each tab the listing disappeared and I was left looking at a search page for the title of the item listed (?). The fourth page I left unrefreshed (the King sax) and reported to eBay but they had already spotted them and removed them from the unsuspecting seller's listings. His account had been hacked.

The way the scam works is to suggest a deal outside of eBay, probably take your money by PayPal so you think it's safe, then not supply the item and whisk the money out of PayPal to a bank account before closing that bank account.

The previous listings to these quoted a different (of course!) email to contact: veroman.ebay629**********, so I did...

"Hi,
Forgive me for being suspicious, but if I buy a saxophone from you, is the purchase through eBay or direct with you? If it's direct, what safeguards do I have?
Many thanks.
Kind regards,
David"

"Hi,
The item has a buy it now price ( US $2,500.00 ) is available only through eBay Buyer Protection Program, non negotiable. We will use Buyer Protection Program for our safety so we can both be protected! I will offer a 14 days inspection period for the item, so if by any reason you are not satisfied with it, you can return it against a full refund! The shipping is free. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks"

"Hi,
I can't seem to find your listings any more?
Could you email me what you have available please?
Regards,
David"

No reply to this one....!

If it's too good to be true.... check, double check, then check again!!

;}

These people put up concertinas, accordions and all sorts up on EBay UK, most of the Ad is a picture file (no real text) and their auctions are taken down as fast as they can put them up . always for hi-end boxes, usually sought after vintage .

The actual seller name is different each time but the ad is the same

Thanks, both, for bringing these scams to the wider audience

Back
Top Bottom