All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Another Month, Another tune

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Well about 8 months into my sax journey, what a trip it has been..This http://www.box.net/shared/2oy6mn2ae6huy8gmcabr

Is this months tune. An a Capella version of a standard.Plus it's what I am working on at the moment, so I guess its two threads in one..The second half I find a lot harder than the first, that's why there's only half a tune:)))

Chris

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Thanks for that Jeanette, I'm having a lot of fun with this tune..

Chris

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Gallen, thanks for that, I was trying a stronger read on this recording, feels like harder work to control but we shall see how it develops. As for recording the mic is an "Audio-technica" AT80333, recorded direct into Cubase.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremyjuicewah

Well done Chris. Your tone has really come on. Maybe the stronger reed, just had that revelation myself. Very pretty playing.
Mike

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Thanks Mike, don't think the old tutor will be too happy. It means the bottom end can't be played as softly as I could. It probably is a little bit to stiff, but hey I hope I grow into it..

Chris

jeremyjuicewah

I am sure that bottom end will come right. Mine's hit and miss but I find I am more sure with the harder reed now. For the tone, for me, its worth the effort.
Mike

Sweet Dreamer

Nice sound, and nice playing.

I don't think my sax could sound that good no matter who plays it. So you must have a nice horn as well.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom