SYOS

Another load of F1 shisters!

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Remember that Young Nelsinho was a fairly crap driver anyway. Maybe he dropped it as usual before Flabbio and Pat wanted him to. :)
BTW Cannot remember any similar screams of anguish from you when Bruce's old team was involved. :D
Maybe not but only because I didn't happen to be at my computer when I got the info. McLaren should have been booted out for the Ferrari scandal last year and Lewis should have received a big ban for lying to the stewards.

Dirty old Nazi Max should've gone too.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Ian,
You seem to think that Formula One is a sport. It is not, it is a business and has been since the pre war Silver Arrows. In the days of the voiturette class and gentleman drivers, it might have been cleaner but Bernie and the boys are after making money.

If you run a Team Championship, in which the position that you finish dictates the FOTA grants for the next season, you are encouraging cheating. The way to overcome it is to only allow one car and pilote to be entered by each manufacturer and team owner. Premises and chassis must not be shared or there might be an attempt to artificially inflate your finishing position by threatening not to offer the latest parts. That seems to be one of the problems in MotoGP where some satellite teams are not running all the 'works' bits.
Back to kip, Young Ian, just get someone to wake you up when it is time to go home, as you are getting older by the second. ;}

dooce

It's a professional foul, that's all - something that gets committed at so-called "sporting events" every weekend. Just on a somewhat bigger scale. F1 is no worse than football, rugby and, for all I know, professional bog-swimming.

Any chance of Nelsinho turning out in Harlequins colours next season do you think?

jonf

Ian,
You seem to think that Formula One is a sport. It is not, it is a business and has been since the pre war Silver Arrows. In the days of the voiturette class and gentleman drivers, it might have been cleaner
Rose tinted whotsits, Bill. Cheating has always been rife in sport, even in the amateur days. If anything even worse. Trying to dodge the scrutineer was a favourite passtime, and running each other off the road used to go on all the time too. Think about early days of the Tour de France. Riders getting expelled for taking the train on stages.

Now, with sport being more managed and structured there is at lest some method of catching and sacntion for dealing with the cheats. I hope the book gets thrown at Renault.

Incidentally, Ian, do you think Max Mosley should be thrown out for being old, dirty or a Nazi? Given his age and background it was pretty much inevitable that he'd be all of those things.;}

Young Col

....or perhaps 'quins in F1. You don't get much fake blood in F1. Bill might have a point. If he was supposed to crash, that doesn't look the right place as the shunt was completely unpredictable as to the consequences to Nelson and anyone else.

I find it so sad, as I enjoy watching most sports as there are competitors with genuine talent around. But they so often seem to get consumed by greed and the demands of their agents and managers. I remember my old dad saying about 30 years ago that there was too much money in football then (and he was one who as a 17 year old travelled from Cardiff to see them win the FA cup in 1927, the only time it has been won by a non-English team). He will be turning in his grave now!

Are musicians a better type of person? There are some more independent minds in music it seems. Yes I know that Louis Armstrong's career was shaped by Joe Glaser ( but despite his superstar status he never seemed to lose his roots) and I'm not talking about manufactured pop stars. I can imagine that the reaction of Pres, Bechet, Mingus or any number of others to being told to crash deliberately, would be at least a careless expletive, rather than a meek compliance.
Colin

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Incidentally, Ian, do you think Max Mosley should be thrown out for being old, dirty or a Nazi? Given his age and background it was pretty much inevitable that he'd be all of those things.;}
I think you have to apply the same rules as for 'top execs' and so he should have gone on being a Nazi Nazi. We as you say might have guessed - chip off the old block eh!

However, in true senior exec fashion he should have received an £800k pension and £13m. :)

The only way to deal with this sort of thing in 'sport' is to have rules and apply them to the letter of the law. Transgressors should get bigger fines/punishments.

jonf

He should be taken out and given a damned good thrashing. No, on second thoughts maybe that's not such a good idea........:shocked:

old git

Tremendous Bore
If Max is a chip off the old block, he would be a Labour Minister.

Young Jonnie F,
Yes rule bending even amongst the Gentleman Drivers but they were not reliant on next years F! grant dosh to keep going.

Even in the lowly Porsche 924 Cup, the steering drop arms on the uprights were heated and bent to increase the steering angles available in an attempt to overcome inherent understeer. Know this was taking place on dealer sponsored cars as my line manager was driving one. Totally illegal but the scrutes didn't have checking jigs. So what is the difference between that and asking someone to spin off in a specific place, just degree?

Top Bottom