support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Another late starter saying hello

andyb1970

Hi, I'm Andy from Bournemouth. Thought I'd introduce myself....

I first played the sax in around 1991 for 2 years working my up to grade 5. Then around 1 year ago I took my grade 5 theory, which has allowed me to study for my grade 6 exam. I've spent the last year getting back to the level I was as well as studying for my grade 6 exam. I'm now 41 so certainly no spring chicken :) I've loved the sax since I was about 16 and my aim is to get as good as possible as well as start doing something with this as opposed to being stuck in the kitchen practising whenever time allows.

Hi Andy - welcome - how I wish I had studied music seriously when I was younger but it's never too late they say!!
You'll enjoy this forum I am sure.
All the best
Ian

Welcome Mate ...

Hey Hey Andy ...

Nice to meet you ...

I hope you are going to have some fun here, as well as all the serious stuff ... ;}

Did you know there's a big Party going on at Pete's at the moment - He's away and left his booze cupboard open ... Come and join in the fun ... :cheers:

Welcome aboard Andy, and as I always say to newcomers, - dive in and enjoy the fun

Did you know there's a big Party going on at Pete's at the moment - He's away and left his booze cupboard open ... Come and join in the fun ... :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Hey Sunray, who's nicked the port? :crying:

John.

Hi Andy!

Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind, Land of Snake Davis, Rob Brydon and Geoffrey Howe, to name just a few.

Its good news that only ABRSM require Grade 5 music theory to do higher grades (not Trinity or London College of Music!). Good news that you have come back to it after a 20 year gap, and I hope that we can provide sufficient encouragement for you to stick with it. What music are you playing for your exam.....?

Good Luck
Tom

Hi Andy. I have a sense of déjà vu, having just turned 40 and having started up again after 20-odd years. The phrase "mid-life crisis" keeps popping into my head! :w00t:

I never took any formal playing exams, but I did my Grade 5 theory when I was 12 so mostly forgotten now! Still have the certificate somewhere though which might prove useful at some point..

Glad to have you on board!

Hi Andy welcome I play but find the thought of grading too daunting at present best of luck.

Mark.

Larn
when I started playing 2 years ago, I had no intention of doing any exams. In 3 weeks time, I take my 2nd exam (TG grade 6 jazz sax) - I have no idea what possessed me :)))

Welcome to the Cafe Andy, I'm sure you'll find some useful advice here.

What an amazing response, it really is appreciated.

Sorry for the late post, been at Pete's finishing off the booze!! LOL

I plan this year to start having some fun with it, and not take it too seriously with the exams. I like targets so used the exams as a way to get better but after this exam plan on just absorbing as much music as possible so I might be of some use in a band for example. Although I am tempted to try a Jazz exam.

Tom - I'm playing Bolero, Zebra Crossing (Andy Scott) and Hawk Gets Bird. Nice mixture I think.

I plan on being here for a while, there's no way now I have started again I'm giving up! I hope I can also provide encouragement to others, doing the grades has given me some interesting experiences along the away.

Back
Top Bottom