All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Rock & Pop Andy Mackay using an Olegature lig

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Never tried one. It seems they sold bling on the back of the usual dubiuos claims of sound enhancement.

altissimo

Locality
leicester
not tried one myself, but I knew someone who'd used an Oleg on soprano for years and loved it - and not because it was "bling"
Maybe Mackay is using one because it fits his mouthpiece and works well - a radical suggestion, I know, but however improbable, it might be the truth...

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I use one on alto and they are easy to put on and hold the reed very well. Only paid £20 for it off eBay

Jamesmac

Never tried one but they look like they hold the reed like a Rovner, but without the dampening effect you get with a Rovner. And they look less fiddling than my brass Francois Louie.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Never tried one but they look like they hold the reed like a Rovner, but without the dampening effect you get with a Rovner. And they look less fiddling than my brass Francois Louie.
Jamesmac you are absolutely spot on with your description. I have fairly big hands and find them easy to handle. They are fine for my level of playing which is not of a standard of yourself and many other forum members. But...they make things easier for me and my sound appears better.

Jamesmac

Jamesmac you are absolutely spot on with your description. I have fairly big hands and find them easy to handle. They are fine for my level of playing which is not of a standard of yourself and many other forum members. But...they make things easier for me and my sound appears better.

Yeah. I like the chainmail finish also, reminds me of a Cartier watchband. :)

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom