support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

And now for something completely..........

stefank

Locality
Hobart, Tasmania
Time to demonstrate that I am not yet a jazz musician. Thanks to Mr B Inabox for providing the session musicians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you are a 'jazz musician' ....well done :welldone

(Lovely cat, too! :) )

Yes, you are a 'jazz musician' )

Thanks - but you should hear some some of the tracks I DIDN'T post! - the consistency (or range of styles & a whole lot other things) isn't there yet.

Zaphod was a good cat. Unfortunately he had a coming together with a motor vehicle six or seven weeks ago.

Stefan

Hey, so you aren't a GREAT jazz musician...yet...but it's a start. Many never take those first steps.

And I am sad to hear of Zaphod ...I lost my 18 yo British Shorthair, Cleo about the same time...she was just fading away.

On the contrary Stefan. You demonstrate that you are a jazz musician. You play the tune, you improvise and above all, you stay in key. (It's more than I can do.)

Well done, and keep at it:welldone

and above all, you stay in key. (It's more than I can do.)

Since when did jazz musicians need to do this? >:)

Seriously, yes it's a great start, keep up the good work!

Thank you all for the enouraging words for this old dog trying to learn new musical tricks (of which the saxophone is one in itself - but that's the reason I started playing it a bit over six years ago).

Stefan

Since when did jazz musicians need to do this? >:)

Ehhh, well... ohhhh.... never actually.... But the better you are at playing in key, the better you become at ignoring it... sort of...

Ehhh, well... ohhhh.... never actually.... But the better you are at playing in key, the better you become at ignoring it... sort of...

I like to think of it as "anticipating the next chord change" - unconsciously.

Otherwise known as "getting lost again".

I like to think of it as "anticipating the next chord change" - unconsciously.

Otherwise known as "getting lost again".

yupp... and what a marvellous tune that would make: getting lost, again :)

Last edited by a moderator: