All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

And Now for Something Completely Different

Der Wikinger

I hope none of you ever drop your cell phone into water. It probably will fry it. However, if you do. I have a solution for you to keep you from having to discard your cell phone.

After you remove it from the water:

1. Remove the battery immediately.

2. get a bag of dry rice and a zip-lock bag.

3. put the opened cell phone and battery into the zip-lock bag.

4. pour the rice over it and seal the bag.

5. leave the cell phone in the bag for 3 days.

6. on the third day remove the cell phone from the bag and re-assemble it.

There is a 90 % or better chance your cellphone will work again.

much cheaper than buying a new phone.

Young Col

If it's been in really grubby water you can carefully clean any exposed circuitry with clean, ionised, water and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper as well before drying, in air or like Der W suggests. It's not the water itself that does damage but impurities dissolved or in suspension that can corrode or bridge circuits if not removed.
YC

Taz

Busking Oracle
I hope none of you ever drop your cell phone into water. It probably will fry it. However, if you do. I have a solution for you to keep you from having to discard your cell phone.

After you remove it from the water:

1. Remove the battery immediately.

2. get a bag of dry rice and a zip-lock bag.

3. put the opened cell phone and battery into the zip-lock bag.

4. pour the rice over it and seal the bag.

5. leave the cell phone in the bag for 3 days.

6. on the third day remove the cell phone from the bag and re-assemble it.

There is a 90 % or better chance your cellphone will work again.

much cheaper than buying a new phone.
And if that fails to work, add a touch of corriander, lime and a dash of Lea and Perrins, heat for 3 mins in your microwave and serve under a large Madrass! :)))

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
And if that fails to work, add a touch of corriander, lime and a dash of Lea and Perrins, heat for 3 mins in your microwave and serve under a large Madrass! :)))
I can just see some fool doing this. Wonder if the battery would set the microwave alight - or explode like an egg?

Thanks for the tip, I'll remember it, but I'm not going to soak my new phone to see if it works:shocked:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Taz,
Can you offer a vegetarian substitute as the Vegetarian Society does not class cell phones as of vegetarian origin?

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom