support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

PA & Amps Amplifier for saxophone

ArtyLady

Hoping for some advice, as you all know I'm a complete techno numpty!!:confused2:

I'm in an instrumental fusion band that will be ready to gig soon...... the bass, keys and guitar have their own amps so I will need an amp for my sax if any venue that we play at doesn't have a PA.

Can anyone recommend anything lightweight? I found this http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-B207-MP3-Active-PA-Speaker-Monitor/PP6 .....which looks perfect sizewise but will it actually be loud enough? I know you can ad further units to it so I suppose it would be futureproof? Any advice appreciated! :confused: :D

Is the band purely instrumental or are there vocals in the mix too? If there are vocals, I would presume that they are going through a PA. if this is the case, it would be easier to put your sax mic straight through the PA. That way you should be able to get a good mix and possibly add some effects too.

bey.jpg
alesis-sxm112a-800-watt-2-way-stage-monitor.jpg
bey.jpg
alesis-sxm112a-800-watt-2-way-stage-monitor.jpg
For my jazz rehearsals I use a Behringer ultratone K1800FX keyboard amp. Has a great FX effects unit. 180 watts. Very good amp and sound. Remember a sax needs a keyboard amp. If I'm going through my rig I use an Alto moniter which is also great.

Lol! yes true all those designer clothes! ;)

Next question........will it be loud enough in a gig situation against the bass, keys, guitar and drums? or should I go the next size up if they do one?

Lol! yes true im wailing mega loud.ll those designer clothes! ;)

Next question........will it be loud enough in a gig situation against the bass, keys, guitar and drums? or should I go the next size up if they do one?
Its way enough. I have mine half on at loud rehearsals and I mean loud. The next amp up is very heavy and big. Trust me the 1800 is plenty for gigs

Its way enough. I have mine half on at loud rehearsals and I mean loud. The next amp up is very heavy and big. Trust me the 1800 is plenty for gigs

Fabulous thanks!!! Another couple of questions....

Does it have phantom power? (Not a problem if not - I have an adaptor)
When it says CD input - does that mean it has a slot?! or does it mean iPod/Phone connection etc.......

ULTRATONE K1800FX
Ultra-Flexible 180-Watt 4-Channel PA System / Keyboard Amplifier with FX and FBQ Feedback Detection
    • Ultra-flexible 180-Watt 4-channel PA System / Keyboard Amplifier
    • Powerful 12'' BUGERA woofer and custom-made 1'' driver for ultimate sound reproduction
    • Integrated digital FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
    • Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies
    • Full 4-channel stereo operation with separate Volume and FX Send per channel
    • Additional XLR mic input on Channel 1 for direct connection of dynamic microphones
      • Dedicated 7-band graphic EQ for awesome sound shaping
      • Balanced stereo XLR DI with Ground Lift switch for direct connection to your mixing console
      • Main section with FX Return level, Master Volume, Phones level and Shape switch
      • Link output allows linking to a slave amplifier for true stereo operation
      • Subwoofer output for ultimate low-end power
      • CD input allows you to play along to your favorite music
      • Separate headphone output—perfect for quiet practicing
      • High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
      • Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany

• check out there website. Why do you need phantom power ? are you using a condenser mic at gigs ? cd inputs so you can plug in a cd player.