support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Amateur but in love with Jazz

Marek

Hi Everyone,

I am 31 years old guy living in Poland. Although, my job has nothing to do with music I've been playing with music pretty much the whole time since the primary school - I had some two year of violin playing and another one of piano. Later on I played guitar, had long hair and was into good old rock.

Then one day I went with my father (by accident) to Joshua Redman's concert and was captured by that for good.

So, I've became a true jazz fan (mostly acoustic but often modern) and the only logical solution was to buy a tenor sax

Had I been practicing sax since then, I should have been pretty good by now. Unfortunately, work and everything god best of me and I stopped playing for some 8-9 years.

Recently, I returned to playing, got together with a bunch of friends (all amateurs like me), formed a quartet and even gave a first concert to our friends .

I'm still very amateurish in my playing but at least now I'm sure I want to practice more and get better... some progress seems to be happening…

Happy playing everyone!

Marek

Hi Marek.

If you happen to be in London, one of the top three jazz venues is the Jazz Cafe Posk, in the Polish cultural centre.
Wonderful music and Tyskye or Ziwecz piwo (sorry for the spelling)

Hi Marek, big welcome from me too. What part of Poland are you from? If near Warsaw then get along to Tygmont jazz club, my favourite spot In Warsaw, I shall be visiting Poland In July. Sorry I can't write polish, I find the spoken language hard enough, the written is mind blowing, if you can write In polish then you will find the sax easy :)
Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marek, big welcome from me too. What part of Poland are you from? If near Warsaw then get along to Tygmont jazz club, my favourite spot In Warsaw, I shall be visiting Poland In July. Sorry I can't write polish, I find the spoken language hard enough, the written is mind blowing, if you can write In polish then you will find the sax easy :)
Martin

Hi Martin,
I was born and lived my whole life in Warsaw - so yeah I know Tygmont quite well. I like the place, although to be honest Warsaw misses good jazz clubs - Tygmont is fine but its mostly well respected, older musicians - I wish there was a place like that but somewhat more adventurous, presenting also some new, fresh ideas. Well, if you come to Warsaw let me know and maybe we can hang out or ten try to play something together...

Hope you are right about Polish :)
Marek

Back
Top Bottom