Tutorials

Am I Mad

Smiffy

Back on the bike and I have to say, it's been going a dream and for that reason (I think) I have have a lot more confidence

While not a speed freak I got up to ( don't tell the cops) around 90 on a motorway today

The accident has not put me off at all in fact I am enjoying the bike more than ever, I was thinking of selling it and going back to a scooter but am not so sure now

or

Maybe I do have brain damage :eek:

Moz

Back on the bike and I have to say, it's been going a dream and for that reason (I think) I have have a lot more confidence

While not a speed freak I got up to ( don't tell the cops) around 90 on a motorway today

The accident has not put me off at all in fact I am enjoying the bike more than ever, I was thinking of selling it and going back to a scooter but am not so sure now

or

Maybe I do have brain damage :eek:

Going to France in 10 days for a few days of blasting on my VFR800, my son is with me on his Fireblade. Ride, camp, drink, sleep, ride. You can't get the same thing from a car. Bikes are brilliant and of course one day they may kill you but as you're gonna die anyway, might as well make it a good one.

Martin

jonf

Not mad. Was pleased to read your post. Shows you're feeling much better. keep the bike - I've always maintained that bikes are safer than scooters anyway. The Mrs F agrees with that as well!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Yup...total lunatic! But as it's something you enjoy, I say go for it. And as OG has so brilliantly worked out, go really fast and you'll be safe. I also think that the law of averages states that the chances of being involved in the same type of accident are about 5,000,000 : 1 then I think you should be fairly safe at junctions as well!

Glad to see your getting back to good health;}

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Thanks for all your replies, as I said I am not really into speed err.... going fast and have moderated it, it's good to know it is there and you can use it if you need to

No not got the person who hit me (I think I posted before) it was a cloned car

Last edited by a moderator:

dooce

Good to hear the experience hasn't put you off. I'm off to Tuscany tomorrow morning, via Reims, Annecy, Nice - 7 days in a hotel, Italian MotoGP round at Mugello, then back a slightly quicker way on my VStrom, Mrs Dooce and what appears to be her entire shoe collection on the back. Really looking forward to it - but am so gonna miss that sax :(

OP
Smiffy

Smiffy

Good to hear the experience hasn't put you off. I'm off to Tuscany tomorrow morning, via Reims, Annecy, Nice - 7 days in a hotel, Italian MotoGP round at Mugello, then back a slightly quicker way on my VStrom, Mrs Dooce and what appears to be her entire shoe collection on the back. Really looking forward to it - but am so gonna miss that sax :(
Have a good time

What is it about, women and shoes

Moz

We did Catalunya in 2007. My son originally wanted to do Mugello and then ride to Catalunya -- I told him how far it was. As it was we did 2000 miles in 6 days, three if you count the fact that we didn't move camp for the three days of the race meet. We did do the Pyrrenees on the way down though and that was bloody ace. As we went up the first slopes we came to a red-triangle road-sign, you know, the ones that say 'bends for 1 mile'. This one said 'bends for 40 kms'!! Ace. Mountain on one side, sheer drop on the other.

Enjoy your trip.

Martin

tom9437

Hi Smiffy glad your on the mend mate as an ex instructor just read the road ahead as far as you can over hedges under cars for kids cats ect you be fine mate. Oh i put a new tune up id did it as its wrote and with no backing ao effects . I could have put more feeling with it but well let me know om.

dooce

Dooce,
Give my regards to Bradley and tell him I could lap faster on a Honda Monkey Bike running on two stroke mix.
Enjoy.

Didn't the lad do well? (Bradley Smith - looks like a 14-year-old, and he won the 125 race for those immune to the lure of motorcycle racing). At least it shut the Italian fans up - for about 2 minutes.........

old git

Tremendous Bore
Didn't the lad do well? (Bradley Smith - looks like a 14-year-old, and he won the 125 race for those immune to the lure of motorcycle racing). At least it shut the Italian fans up - for about 2 minutes.........
See you managed to get Aspar to use my highly tweaked Villiers 9E barrel but what ever you do, don't let on that the Oxford lad and our Smiffy are the same.
Glad you enjoyed Muggy even if the GOAT didn't win.

Top Bottom