All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Beginner Sax Alto size

mizmar

Locality
Trondheim, Norway
The OP is long gone. I wonder why? :confused2:
I reckon it's "reddit" syndrom.
Seems to me that many of the big, eclectic platforms have a high rate of drive-by postings, compared to the traditional fora. It's generational, to some degree. IMHO.

Dr G

Locality
Northern California
I reckon it's "reddit" syndrom.
Seems to me that many of the big, eclectic platforms have a high rate of drive-by postings, compared to the traditional fora. It's generational, to some degree. IMHO.

Agree - It’s almost surprising that some make the effort to join.

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
May be they don't get the sense of humour that gets interwoven in the thread. They don't understand that we love all sax players. :hug::hugging:

mizmar

Locality
Trondheim, Norway
May be they don't get the sense of humour that gets interwoven in the thread. They don't understand that we love all sax players. :hug::hugging:
Or... I was kinda hoping for a physical fight to break out. This would clearly demonstrate that the alto is too small. A Bari, like the long sword, can only be wielded by the giants amongst is but has great stopping power. The Tenor has a good compromise of weight and reach, a good swing and it can do real damage. The Alto can be swung quickly to get the first blow in, but if that opportunity is lost... The Tenor is triumphant.... And beware the straight Soprano; the choice of assassins and thieves.
... An electric guitar may well beat all comers, long reach, good weight and can be used as a shield.

I'm pretty sure that answers the OPs question.

Last edited:

squeak

Agree - It’s almost surprising that some make the effort to join.
We need to change the criteria to join - long overdue. For instance, buy some merchandise from Pete's shop, promise not to put up sound clips of soprano or higher pitches saxes, and new potential members can be put up for a vote by existing members to join.
They don't understand that we love all sax players
Indeed, or rather we all love some sax players, or as in my case at least one sax player.
sometimes the odd emoji helps ;):cool::):sax::sax:
True but we need a more emojis, at least a "groan" emoji and "I sympathize you hate your mother-in-law emoji".
Or... I was kinda hoping for a physical fight to break out.
There is another forum for that.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom