All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Alto service

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
My saxophone is off to be serviced soon I can't wait to see what it will sound like after the key areas have been addressed . Just wondered who has had there sax serviced lately and did you notice a lot of difference when it came back :).

chadders

Locality
Wrexham.
Yes and Yes - Had my wonderful Yani a901 serviced and regulated on Monday - It was good before the service - it was bloomin superb afterwards !!

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
Cheers so glad to hear that because its costing a fair bit to get my sax done but don't get me wrong I think the work I'm having done is a a reasonable price . It's my first service on my alto and was a bit worried with it being vintage but after meeting with the guy I can see he will do a good job . The work to be done is basic adjust / regulate keywork / noises on keywork / low eb c# and palm keys adjust octave mech . Thanks again for reply quite exited now :)

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
I had my twenty-plus-year old alto serviced for the first time earlier this year

It was fairly loose about the mechanism in many places and the pads approximated to the tone holes in haphazard fashion but I was used to it's idiosyncratic behaviour

When I got it back it was like an old friend who you've not seen for a long time and who has clearly had plastic surgery... the old character is there but something has changed and you feel you need time to get reacquainted

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
My alto went in for its service yesterday so I hope it is worth it cant wait to have it back .

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
I'm going through the "service the horn" phase at the moment.

Alto was done last month and playing sweet as; back-up tenor, the Walstein came back yesterday, and playing superbly after a quick play last night; and the soprano is in for a surprise it gets a service next month - the last time these horns were done was about five years ago...:shocked:

The 62 series tenor was done last year when I purchased it off "TradeMe"...playing great as well with CE Winds "The Legend"...

Yeah Baby!!!

Greg S.

alto andy

Locality
Southend on sea
My alto is ready now so cant wait to pick it up and it was cheaper than he said so all good so far and no extra problems .

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom