All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

Alto Sax Full Fingering Chart

-Anton-

Hi everyone! Recently when learning a new song I discovered that the fingerchart I have is actually missing a load of notes. I thought it had them all. Wasn't that an eye opener haha! I found a chart that as far as I know has them all, but it wasn't laid out brilliantly (the scale didn't flow very well) so I jiggled it around so it goes from low at the bottom to high at the top, and makes more sense. You've probably all got a fingerchart, but if it possibly helps even 1 person then it's worth posting.

If you knowledgeable folk want to make sure it's all correct, that would be great :)

Thanks

Finger Chart.png

Attachments

Keep Blowing

Commercial Café Supporter
Hi everyone! Recently when learning a new song I discovered that the fingerchart I have is actually missing a load of notes. I thought it had them all. Wasn't that an eye opener haha! I found a chart that as far as I know has them all, but it wasn't laid out brilliantly (the scale didn't flow very well) so I jiggled it around so it goes from low at the bottom to high at the top, and makes more sense. You've probably all got a fingerchart, but if it possibly helps even 1 person then it's worth posting.

If you knowledgeable folk want to make sure it's all correct, that would be great :)

Thanks

View attachment 12526
Is it my eyes or is the high d wrong?

OP
A

-Anton-

Is it my eyes or is the high d wrong?
Nah, I'm pretty sure that's right. Its what I've been playing, and it goes in line with a video I saw on YouTube when learning the best way to play it. The last lever is at the front and about a cm lower

Keep Blowing

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's right. Its what I've been playing, and it goes in line with a video I saw on YouTube when learning the best way to play it. The last lever is at the front and about a cm lower
Must be the way I'm looking at it then because the high d* and e also look wrong to me

Ne0Wolf7

Keep blowing is right, either the chart is laid out oddly or it's incorrect for the top D, E, and Eb.
Top D should be octave key and the lowest left-hand palm key.
Top Eb should be that same thing but with the second left-hand palm key added on.
Top E should be The same fingering as top E but with the highest right-hand palm key added on.
All the other notes are done correctly.

Keep Blowing

Keep blowing is right, either the chart is laid out oddly or it's incorrect for the top D, E, and Eb.
Top D should be octave key and the lowest left-hand palm key.
Top Eb should be that same thing but with the second left-hand palm key added on.
Top E should be The same fingering as top E but with the highest right-hand palm key added on.
All the other notes are done correctly.
I'm glad you said that I thought I must my eyes

OP
A

-Anton-

Ah, I guess you lot are used to the 3 'teardrop' symbols rather than the lever type things on this sheet? I just went with height. This one is middle height, must be what it means. Fresh eyes I guess ;)

Keep Blowing

Ah, I guess you lot are used to the 3 'teardrop' symbols rather than the lever type things on this sheet? I just went with height. This one is middle height, must be what it means. Fresh eyes I guess ;)
My eyes are very old and don't really work properly

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Press it and blow. If it sings Deeeeeee, you've got the right one :p You can also use the Palm D key without the Octave Key. Try it and see how it sounds compared with all fingers down and Octave key

OP
A

-Anton-

Too my eyes it looks a weird lay out on the Horn, probably an optical delusion
Oh I did have to look at the sax to figure out the system, I won't lie. Its not exactly obvious.

Press it and blow. If it sings Deeeeeee, you've got the right one :p You can also use the Palm D key without the Octave Key. Try it and see how it sounds compared with all fingers down and Octave key
Oh many different finger combinations make a Deeeee for me sometimes. But I think that one is the right one ;)

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I'm with those who think the palm D representation on the diagram looks weird....

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I agree it looks weird but I think it’s correct in as far as the D palm key is actually the “middle height” if viewing from precisely in front of the sax, the Eb key is then above us, and the E key below it.

Also, you could add in that a Bb (either middle line or above the stave) can be played as L1, R2 (without and with the Octave key)

ESJohn

That is the same fingering chart that is in my Standard of Excellence, Book One. Even the fonts are the same. I think the source should be noted.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom