support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • All posts re: Fake (counterfeit) saxophones and scams are now in their own subforum here:

Fakes and Scams

Accessories Alto Sax Cases

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
Hi Everyone!

I've recently been considering "upgrading" from my current shaped sax case, as I advance, I find myself needing more and more room in my case! Although, looking around websites, it seems like the non-shaped cases are very expensive! So I wondered if any of you have any experience with sax cases that are maybe more affordable or shaped cases that are quite spacious?

(At the moment I have a Bam Case http://www.dawkes.co.uk/accessories/bam+softpack+alto+case+-acc385.html, and no, I didn't spend that much on the case, we got it trade price because of a few scratches! )

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsleyhk

Locality
Nr. Bandung, Indonesia
I have a Protec hard case - on wheels - for my tenor. Really solid, pockets and room from everything I'm likely to want to carry. It cost me US$200 including shipping to Hong Kong from Amazon (four days). I did quite a lot for searching before finishing up - to my surprise - with Amazon.

What appears to be the equivalent alto case (but no wheels) can be seen here for US$99:

http://www.amazon.com/Protec-STANDA...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1333543896&sr=1-8

Try Amazon UK - but you should be able to get one for less than you appear to have paid for your current bag.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
What you have to remember is that the case you have (similar to my hiscox) is to carry the sax safely, i have an over the shoulder satchel to carry any books that i need at a lesson. My Hiscox carries my sax safely with room for mouthpiece/reeds ect, what other items do you have/need to lug around ?

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
What you have to remember is that the case you have (similar to my hiscox) is to carry the sax safely, i have an over the shoulder satchel to carry any books that i need at a lesson. My Hiscox carries my sax safely with room for mouthpiece/reeds ect, what other items do you have/need to lug around ?

I have numerous mouthpieces ;D and as a result, quite a few set of reeds and cleaning kit etc. The problem is that I don't have room for this stuff in my current case

Lewis.S

Locality
Hertfordshire, England
I have a Protec hard case - on wheels - for my tenor. Really solid, pockets and room from everything I'm likely to want to carry. It cost me US$200 including shipping to Hong Kong from Amazon (four days). I did quite a lot for searching before finishing up - to my surprise - with Amazon.

What appears to be the equivalent alto case (but no wheels) can be seen here for US$99:

http://www.amazon.com/Protec-STANDA...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1333543896&sr=1-8

Try Amazon UK - but you should be able to get one for less than you appear to have paid for your current bag.

Thanks, I gave them a look, but I'm unsure about ordering from america

Top Bottom