support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Alto mess about

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Dusted off the alto :shocked:and done a quick version of Summertime. I kind of like the Stephanhouser horn with a Metalite mp.Loads of cut but still the combo has a lot of beef.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, it takes time to get that intonation right. Playing good as ever, but each instrument has it's own requirements. Even though I try to play each a lot there is always a period of adjustment to ensure intonation is right on. I guess for many this is being very picky, but at your level I know that you aren't just hearing note choices and also hear how applying tenor chops to an alto has shortcomings. Work it!

Yea, it takes time to get that intonation right. Playing good as ever, but each instrument has it's own requirements. Even though I try to play each a lot there is always a period of adjustment to ensure intonation is right on. I guess for many this is being very picky, but at your level I know that you aren't just hearing note choices and also hear how applying tenor chops to an alto has shortcomings. Work it!

I'll never put much time in on alto.I just don't enjoy it to do it.The odd blow here and there and a couple of songs in my fusion band and that's my whack.Tenor rules for me then soprano.Theres a reason why theres alto players and then theres tenor players.Theres hardly anyone who tames both well.
Put more reverb on now and I like more.Still like the flow of the solo though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom