support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Alto fan from Niagara

ac172

I found this site because of some discussion about the solo on early in the morning by Louis Jordan, I'm always looking for similar kinds of alto music to play if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm from a small town in Western NY. I have an alto that I enjoy playing when I can. When I was a kid and took lessons I thought the alto was just a beginner instrument, I played tenor in the school band and jazz band and that seemed more like a real professional instrument. I always wanted to buy a tenor but never had the money. I was given a nice alto so I would practice with that but always wanted to get my hands on a tenor. That changed when I read a book about alto saxophone solos at the library, I saw a transcription of early in the morning by Louis Jordan. I didn't realize you can play something like that on an alto. That was before there was so much music available on the internet. It lead me to search for other alto music I might enjoy. Now with all the music available online I have found some artists that I like but never heard of like Buster Smith, Charles Williams, Curtis Peagler, Johnny Bothwell. I also enjoy the popular alto players but my favorite is Louis Jordan. I'm listening to his album I Believe in Music right now, I'm really glad I found his music. I still might buy a tenor when I can afford one but at least I can enjoy my alto now.

Best regards,

ac

Back
Top Bottom