support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sheet Music Alto careless whisper

Antonysurrey

Locality
United Kingdom
Hi all

After some lessons I'm trying to careless whisper by George Michael, as well as practicing

Does anyone know where I can get the sheet music from

I'm playing the main part as:

C# BF#D x2
AGDb x2
GF#Dbg
gf#gabc#DEF

So far

Any help much appreciated

There's also a version in the same key (2#s) in Take The Lead Bumper Book for alto which has demo and backing cds.
Of course, you do realise that you are not permitted to play it. No one is. That's why that book has 19 other popular melodies in it.

Its real name is, of course, Careless ******* Whisper, everyone knows that.

It is also one of the three tunes that all sax players say you must never play, yet somehow, all sax players actually can play. The other two are The ******* Pink Panther and Baker ******* Street.

(My asterisks, it's a family forum)

It is also one of the three tunes that all sax players say you must never play, yet somehow, all sax players actually can play. The other two are The ******* Pink Panther and Baker ******* Street.

Oops, never played any of them....it's true then, I'm not a sax player :(

Jx

I don't understand your comment lol

Baker Street yes, Jon, but I can only apologise that I didn't realise Pink Panther was on the banned list too. I think I can claim redemption though as I play a big band arrangement and the choice is the director's not mine.

How dare you! The original Henry Mancini arrangement of the Pink Panther Theme is an absolute corker!

The bassoon equivalent is The Teddy Bears' Picnic. Nobody claims to like it, but everyone ends up playing it at some time or another, usually in a quartet. Actually, I think it is quite fun, but I wouldn't admit it to other bassoon players. Ditto for Pink Panther on sax.

I've played Teddy Bears' Picnic in a sax quartet. Now there's an admission!

How dare you! The original Henry Mancini arrangement of the Pink Panther Theme is an absolute corker!

You are of course, absolutely correct, and @Young Col, I've also played it many times, including in a big band. In all seriousness, I don't think any of them are bad, including Baker Street, it's just that they've all been overplayed. Personally I'll freely admit to occasionally playing a medley of the three with some random noodling linking the tunes.

I Played Teddy Bears Picnic in my Grade 1 exam (along with La Donna e Mobile).

Fun piece to work with, for that grade, and it must have looked bizarre with a 44 year old man, with a frosted black saxophone playing Teddy Bears Picnic :confused: