PPT mouthpieces

All Of Me - Ronnie Cuber’s solo

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be putting the sheet music for my transcription on my website soon so I'll post a link when it's done, just in case anybody fancies playing it.

Excellent playing and I'm looking forward to seeing your transcription. Have you done any more solos by him ? His solo on "Way Back Home" recorded live with Steve Gadd is on my list of transcriptions to get round to.

Next time maybe you could wear one of Ronnie Cuber's classic jackets with the huge shoulder pads. :)

Rhys

This is the first one of his I’ve done. I’ve loved it for years and always meant to get around to it but there are so many hours in a day, right? Well suddenly there are a few more so I got it done.

if I could carry off one of the jackets I definitely would.

This is the one with the great shoulder pads and an even better bari solo (I think). At least it's the one I would/will transcribe.

Fabulous bands and performances, both.

Rhys

I’m really enjoying the solo on Gadd & Friends ‘Live at Voce’

Maybe we could each transcribe our own favourite solo and share them. I've been doing a few baritone transcriptions recently and should do this one of Ronnie Cuber's.

His playing on George Benson's 1966 album Cookbook is also excellent. Any recommendations for other good albums of his to check out ?

Rhys

Yeah, great idea. Maybe we’ll find out that he’s a charlatan who just keeps peddling the same stuff?

Ive been listening to an album called In A New York Minute which is good. I’m also waiting for a vinyl copy of Cuber Libre to be delivered.

Back
Top Bottom