support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

All I want for Christmas is my three front teeth!

RedBottom

Can't believe I haven't been back here for two months. Good news is there's been no more trouble from the RCT and I've been playing good (and even got me the odd couple of bars exposed solo in the concert band pieces).

Not so good (or maybe good in the long term) is that the front tooth with the post-crown that kept falling out is no more. I had it extracted this morning and am now sitting here with a what feels like a mouthful of plastic. Despite all our worries the stump came out clean and quickly and the socket isn't hurting much at all (although I've called off a dep gig for this Saturday). I'm making the most of a few days' not playing and I'm putting the alto in for a service tomorrow. Hopefully should be playing before too long, and wondering how the lump of plastic in the roof of my mouth is going to affect my embouchure.:cool:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Good to see you again. Hope it comes right, without bankrupting you!

visionari1

Locality
Out in the Countryside of Nelson NZ
G'day RedB
Good luck with the new embroshure, it may even improve things, I hope so!
Cheers

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
I hope it works for you mate, and I feel for you too, my wife's going through some major dental work at the moment and she's been put through the mill. Mind you we've got a fantastic dentist!

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Hopefully should be playing before too long, and wondering how the lump of plastic in the roof of my mouth is going to affect my embouchure.:cool:

Hi, hope it's not too traumatic. My advice, having had similar problems. Let it settle down for a bit, and see how you get on with the lump of plastic. I didn't, and found it really affected my embouchure badly, and I used to play without my dentures. Lovely image, eh? However, many, including some truly great players managed fine with plastic . Even if you do find the lumpy plastic thing is too distracting, you can get a high quality chromium cobalt replacement. That's what I have now, and I play with it in no problem.

RedBottom

Been out for a two-hour rehearsal with the sop this morning, with no ill effects (other than my becoming totally breathless through Moon River, but that's quite normal for me).

I get the alto back from service this week, hopefully, so that will be another test.

The dentist did suggest using a fixative whilst playing but that hasn't been necessary.

Taz, give your wife my best wishes and tell her I hope she comes through it all OK. All my friends seem to be having problems of late. One lass (a dentophobic(?)) has had to have four removed, another friend is about to lose the last of her own teeth (gums rotting), and another friend's husband has just had a wisdom tooth out with some complications. D'you think it's something in the water?;}

Top Bottom