All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Jazz All about the Bass

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Are those mics a good quality because there is one in a cash conv near me ?

saxismyaxe

Honored SOTW Ambassador
Locality
Native of the Lone Star state.
Such an improvement over the annoying pop version.

• Agree
Reactions: Sue

Little My

Practice makes better.
Locality
Wiltshire, UK.
@trimmy thank you for posting that! My six year-old was absolutely spell-bound ("Mummy! That's a REAL bass!") and strummed along on her pink plastic guitar. It's not done much to extinguish my closet longing to learn to play double bass though...

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
@trimmy thank you for posting that! My six year-old was absolutely spell-bound ("Mummy! That's a REAL bass!") and strummed along on her pink plastic guitar. It's not done much to extinguish my closet longing to learn to play double bass though...
Do it.

My youngest is learning. And doing well. Much easier on the ear than his drum kit. And much easier on the ear than a violin in the hands of a beginner. Nice thing about it is that it's very easy to move from that to bass guitar/play both as the strings are tuned to the same notes, so all the chord patterns are the same. But the bass guitar->double bass route is a lot harder. I do pick his guitar up every now and again and try a few things. Best I've ever managed is the opening notes from Smoke on the Water.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
Scotland... they deep fry them in batter :w00t:
Nothing green goes into the average Scottish digestive system* let alone into a deep fat fryer first

*Except varieties of boiled sweet, jelly beans, jelly babies... oh and methadone in a select few

Last edited:

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom