support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Air fryers

Lucille

So, maybe not a specific recipe, but a shout out for air fryers. I've had one for just a few months and LOVE it. Tonight I'm making fritto misto with calamari etc. So easy. Egg, a light coating of flour, a dusting of Tony Chachere's, and into the fryer (400) to be checked after only 4 or 5 minutes.

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office
Air frying? Isn't that marketing speak for roasting? :confused2:

IDK about marketing speak and all that, was just trying to post about my air fryer that works for me. The fritto misto turned out well, but where my little air fryer really shines is in making wings. I use it for various stuff several times a week.

So, maybe not a specific recipe, but a shout out for air fryers.
We love ours, use it about once a week. I found a variety of red potatoes that cook up nicely sliced lengthwise, as do sweet potatoes. I bought a little kitchen sprayer to apply even less oil, just a thin film on either of the potatoes. You can actually do the same with carrots, turnips, any firm fleshed veg.

I love mine too Lucille. It makes delicious risotto without the constant need for adding liquid and stirring. I have the Actifry Genius Plus with a rotary attachment - I don't know if other makes have those. I also make curries in it. Love the sound of your fritto misto :)

I got one of these for my wife for Xmas. It is awesome.We have used it almost everyday. Last night we had pork chops cooked in it and they were seriously the best pork chops I have ever had!

I'm soooo out of the loop, I had to Google "what is a air fryer" (so now, I guess, I'll get some advertising!)
A grill with a fan, right? My oven has a grill element and a fan. What's the difference?
How long, on average, before it joins the slow cookers, pressure cookers, fondue sets, fish streamers etc. at the back of the cupboard?

I'm soooo out of the loop, I had to Google "what is a air fryer" (so now, I guess, I'll get some advertising!)
A grill with a fan, right? My oven has a grill element and a fan. What's the difference?
How long, on average, before it joins the slow cookers, pressure cookers, fondue sets, fish streamers etc. at the back of the cupboard?
It cooks really fast. It seems like something that takes 50 minutes in the oven can be cooked in 10-15 minutes. Everything I have had out of it has been really good. I actually haven't used it yet but my wife and daughters have been using it.

What's the difference?
Besides the speed of cooking that Steve alluded to, my particular model (Vortex PowerXL 7 qt) is fairly small, can be cleaned up in about two minutes. I love wings and they don't take long at all.
Considering that it stays out permanently because I use it so often, I don't anticipate that happening.

A Louisiana company that makes Creole seasonings. I use the original Creole seasoning on almost everything. Tony Chachere is no longer with us but the company still makes his seasonings. He wrote books on Cajun cooking and would autograph them 'Laissez les bon temps roller' which I think is a good way to live life.

Last edited:
Besides the speed of cooking that Steve alluded to, my particular model (Vortex PowerXL 7 qt) is fairly small, can be cleaned up in about two minutes. I love wings and they don't take long at all.

Considering that it stays out permanently because I use it so often, I don't anticipate that happening.
Yeah, the clean up time is a huge plus also.

A version, maybe, like they make fries. It won't be the 'real' tempura. You'll need a basket accessory or they'd be torn to shreds.