M/Pieces - Ligs afternoon mp muching about

Linky Lee

That's really cool. Have you tried playing it and seeing what happens?

You seem to have a real flair for handwork/crafts etc. Maybe you could look at doing an evening class in woodwind and brass repair or something?

OP
R

rob1969

That's really cool. Have you tried playing it and seeing what happens?

You seem to have a real flair for handwork/crafts etc. Maybe you could look at doing an evening class in woodwind and brass repair or something?
i just like muking about and have just droped on sax blog site with some real nice wooden saxophones real nice craft manship http.bassic-sax.ca/blog/?tag=wooden-saxophone

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Edwards

Hey Rob, Lee's right. Whilst you're out of work at the moment get stuck in and see where this takes you. You've got an interest and a flair for making things. Ultimately it might not turn out to be music-related, but there are opportunities for good craftsmen.

You might not make a fortune but quality of life could be far better.

As you've been made redundant recently get support for the funding and go do some training. Great fun and will keep you busy if nothing else.

Phil

OP
R

rob1969

my mp update

i have done a but more to my self made mp still have to make it fit home made flute or my sax but fitted reed to it and yes it blows :shocked:
will try upload video off fone but how do i upload to forum

OP
R

rob1969

Nice one Rob but how do you stand on the wall? :) You haven't also invented suction boots as well? ;}

Wish I had the patience and ability to do likewise.
i made video on my mobile n95 was just a gess fone was lent agenst fireplace so it dose look like iam stuck on the wall thats a good idear get back to you with the boots i have pair of frank thomas bike boots lol;}

Linky Lee

That's fantastic!
You've inspired myself and my partner. We're going to visit her family for a long weekend and her dad's a carpenter so we're going to try to make our own too. I'll post with the results when we get back.

OP
R

rob1969

That's fantastic!
You've inspired myself and my partner. We're going to visit her family for a long weekend and her dad's a carpenter so we're going to try to make our own too. I'll post with the results when we get back.
good luck iam no carpenter i just like having a go just used craft knif and
needle files

neil

just watched your video...brilliant.....you dont need that mouthpiece i was bringing to you...yours sounds better....but i havent forgotton...i still have your pm with your address i`ll get it to you soon.
neil

OP
R

rob1969

just watched your video...brilliant.....you dont need that mouthpiece i was bringing to you...yours sounds better....but i havent forgotton...i still have your pm with your address i`ll get it to you soon.
neil
thanks neil intend to make better one soon its ok but could of made it better
not bad for first go :)

Top Bottom