Beginner Aebersold Vol #24: Major & Minor

bparham79

Need Demo Track 16 - Please Help

Right Fella's, I looked at my Aebersold Vol 24 this morning and listened to that Demo track it's great. Easy at the begining although it soon gets fast and free rythmically.

I'm willing to put some time into this Vol 24, so how do we help each other go through this book????

If anyone needs that demo track I can send as an MP3 via email.

Sounds like if we really get going on this it could get us somewhere!

What Ya's reckon

Cheers:sax::welldone
Jimu

Good morning gentleman. I'm a beginning jazz guitarist growing a bit frustrated with my practice routine. I got Aebersold's vol. 1 and have been having a great time with it.

I also just got a copy of Aebersold's Vol. 24: Major and Minor. Problem is I don't have the demo track #16. If you could send the demo track to my email:

bparham79@gmail.com

I'd greatly appreciate it and be happy to return the favor.

Thanks a ton!!!

Brian

Urgent

Hi to all

I had a student turn up today with a brand new Vol 24.
The track number's for c.d 1 and c.d 2 are different from the Vol 24 that I have.

:confused:

Start on C.D 1 TRACK 1 and then go to its Dorian minor on c.d 2.

i.e. C Major with D minor/F Major with G minor.

Sorry Guys.

Hi to all

The track number's for c.d 1 and c.d 2 are different from the Vol 24 that I have.

Sorry Guys.

Interesting...

Looks like Brian has the same book as i was given too, maybe its sold as a "C" only course too..

Good morning gentleman. I'm a beginning jazz guitarist growing a bit frustrated with my practice routine. I got Aebersold's vol. 1 and have been having a great time with it.

I also just got a copy of Aebersold's Vol. 24: Major and Minor. Problem is I don't have the demo track #16. If you could send the demo track to my email:

bparham79@gmail.com

I'd greatly appreciate it and be happy to return the favor.

Thanks a ton!!!

Brian

Anyway, I'm up and running with the new book, its a good job you noticed the changes though, I hope i would of realised but who knows, :D I'm only on track one so far.. It is documented in the book though, unlike the old book..

Anyway, back to the Sax.. :)

Chris98

Hi to all

Sorry Guys.
That's really odd isn't it, I've just looked at my Vol #24 and unlike Vol #1 where it clearly says 'Revised Sixth Edition" there is nothing to suggest it is anything other than the original version, copyright 1981, same copyright date on the CDs.

Never mind, I don't think it's going to hinder any of us, thanks for catching that one ManEast, are you Rick? or do you prefer ManEast?

Right then, I wonder if I can get a session in before tea and then one after?

Chris

bparham79

Hi. You guys are killing me. I want to play through the material so damn bad! I'm jealous, but it seems like the demo track is a real necessity. Vol. 1 has a great demo track and three solos, but none of them are transcribed :(

I was told that I might be able to get the demo track to vol. 24 over "soundcloud". Is anyone willing to send it over? I'd be mighty, mighty grateful. And happy to return the favor with some tracks I have if you like.

Hoping this works :)

Brian

visionari1

Hi. You guys are killing me. I want to play through the material so damn bad! I'm jealous, but it seems like the demo track is a real necessity. Vol. 1 has a great demo track and three solos, but none of them are transcribed :(

I was told that I might be able to get the demo track to vol. 24 over "soundcloud". Is anyone willing to send it over? I'd be mighty, mighty grateful. And happy to return the favor with some tracks I have if you like.

Brian
Hello Brian

I was just looking at your post as your second request came in!

Yes I had the demo track on my Soundcoud (for Martin) and then took it off..... I'll load it again tommoro (it's rather large 15 min) and I'll leave it on there this time.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers from New Zealand

Jimu

visionari1

Brian
It's worked mate

Your ready to go, its on soundcloud now and is downloadable.

http://soundcloud.com/jimuthesaxman/charlie-craig-16-demo-jamey-playing-the-exercises-soloing

I presume, as a guitarist you will be playing the C parts

All the best it's quite tricky and very rythmical,

We'd love to have you over this side of the world, I jam weekly with a drummer, guitar would be fab!

Cheers & Ciao:mrcool
Jimu

Last edited by a moderator:

bparham79

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. I have the track and it's working perfectly. Thank you very much everyone. I'm so excited to work on the material. If I can return the favor just hit me up.

Thanks again. I'm too excited to dig in the material. Have a great day everyone!!!

I'll let you know how I'm getting along with the material.

And special thanks to Martin and Jimu. BIG PROPS!!!

visionari1

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. I have the track and it's working perfectly. Thank you very much everyone. I'm so excited to work on the material. If I can return the favor just hit me up.

Thanks again. I'm too excited to dig in the material. Have a great day everyone!!!

I'll let you know how I'm getting along with the material.

And special thanks to Martin and Jimu. BIG PROPS!!!

It's a pleasure.

Too excited to dig eh!

Well go over the top check this site out

http://www.coolschoolvideo.com/

Cheers
Jimu:mrcool:sax:

visionari1

Hi To All

How's this going? Are you all flying around on it?

Regards

ManEast
Well, not exactly Man East, more sort of went west.
I got enthused and made good progress with the Eb part on page 72. I gets rather fast half way down the page and inspite of slowing down with transcribe, I found it hard to retain the feel of the piece.
Unfortunatley, I got sidetracked with theory and the recent purchase of a keyboard, which is all adding to my understanding & general improvement.
I did notice however, that the way Jamie plays a simple scale with rythem, sounds allot more musical and this has gotten into my scale practise, which is a good thing.

I do believe, this series of exercises with the varous scales (which are pretty fast in places)
is great step up into serious improv, it's just that it's quite a jump at the moment.

Anyway Man East thanks for your input....I will return to that particular fray when I'm good and ready!

Cheers & Caio:mrcool

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Thank you. Would you know if it has Take Five in it
It doesn't have Take Five. It's just major and minor chords in all keys. I think there are a couple of etudes made up of 4 chords. I'll have to look I've had Volume 24 for a long time. Haven't played it in awhile.

Top Bottom