All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Advice please on two problems.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Despite close study of my signed copy of Steven's manual, could not find any guidance, so it is open to you.

1) Would you recommend changing the springs on the WX7 to the blue variety and should they be cryonogised and hand beaten?

2) What is the best pads for refurbishing the Akai 4000s please?

Thanking you in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Despite close study of my signed copy of Steven's manual, could not find any guidance, so it is open to you.

1) Would you recommend changing the springs on the WX7 to the blue variety and should they be cryonogised and hand beaten?
Best to get the WX7 annealed first, you can do this at home in a microwave.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Do you work your reed with sandpaper before playing?

milandro

no, just soak it in whisky overnight , take an abundant nightcap yourself and forget all worries

BigMartin

I think a nice pad for refurbishing the Akai 4000s would be Buckingham Palace. Perhaps you should write and ask for permission?

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Rather than the springs being hand beaten they should be lightly whisked to make them fluffier.
As for the best pads perhaps you have a female aquaintance who could advise.

Young Col

For a moment there it looked like the thread was moving towards the "what whisky/gin/vodka/pure spring water should you soak your reeds in" discussion.
Fortunately, Targa gives us paws for thought again.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Rather than the springs being hand beaten they should be lightly whisked to make them fluffier.
As for the best pads perhaps you have a female aquaintance who could advise.
It would have to be an iPad>:)

Jx

old git

Tremendous Bore
Best to get the WX7 annealed first, you can do this at home in a microwave.

Pete,

The WX is too long to fit in my microwave so two other ways to solve the annealing problem are under consideration

1) Saw the WX into three parts and superglue together after plunging.

2) Use the local pizza oven for the heating phase and trust that any cheese fragments can be removed.

Should one use water or oil for the plunge and if oil, virgin olive or rapeseed?

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom