Tutorials

Advice for bluesy piece

thehunt

Hi Guys, i have to do another couple of solos for an upcoming gig. I have my slow piece worked out Angel Eyes, but i i am looking for a real bluesy even rocky, funky piece of music to play. Any ideas out there? One that i can let rip on when soloing?
Thanks Phil:w00t:

compound

Bluesy piece.

Hi Guys, i have to do another couple of solos for an upcoming gig. I have my slow piece worked out Angel Eyes, but i i am looking for a real bluesy even rocky, funky piece of music to play. Any ideas out there? One that i can let rip on when soloing?
Thanks Phil:w00t:
Hi Phil,
Bright light's Big city, an oldie by the Champ's of Tequila fame, medium paced plenty of scope for ad libbing.
Rob.

thomsax

Here are some songs that I tried to learned by listening. The songs are recorded and performed by lots of artists/bands. To listen to different versions of a song help me cause it gives the song a wider dimension and to play sax like King Curtis, Jr Walker, Noble Watts, Clarence Clemons .... is not possible for me. So listen to other saxplayers/bands helps me. They have perhaps moved the song to a different key, staying out of some "sax-tricks" ..... or they are just playing in a more “human” way! I buy lots of music with bands and artists that are not that famous. All bands/artists need to be bought.

A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cook). Listen to Sam Cooke. King Curtis played this song with Sam Cooke but also on his own. Other recordings to listen to: King Perkoff and a Arizona based band called Cold Shott with the singer called Small Paul.
I've Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding/Jerry Butler). Listen to Otis Reeding version with or without horns. Other recordings to listen to: King Curtis and King Perkoff .... .
When Something Is Wrong With My Baby (Isaac Hayes/David Porter). Listen to Sam & Dave. Other recordings to listen to: King Curtis and King Perkoff .... .
Foot Pattin' (Curtis Ousley). Instrumental/sax. Listen to King Curtis. Other recordings to listen to: Jonny Viau, San Diego saxplayer.
Dimples (John Lee Hooker). Listen to Lee Hooker. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording). Brain Crowne on sax.
Hide Away (Freddie King). Instrumental/gtr. Listen to Freddie King. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording). Brain Crowne on sax
Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers). Listen to Bill Withers. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording) and Brain Crowne on sax
Hot Cha (Willie Woods). Instrumental/sax. Listen to: Jr Walker. Other recordings to listen to: King Perkoff and Don Wise.
Hey, Little Girl (Arzell Hill). This song Andrew Clark use to play when he comes over here. Don Wise also did a live recording of the song.
Cleo's Mood (A.Dewalt/W.Woods/H.Fugua). Instrumental/sax. Listen to: Jr Walker. Other recordings to listen to: Andrew Clark.
Hard Times/The Slop (Noble Watts). Instrumental/sax. The one on only: Noble "Thin Man" Watts.
Genuine Snake (Don Wise). Don Wise own song.
F L A (Noble Watts). Listen to Noble Watts. Other recordings to listen to: Sax Gordon
Paradise By The C (Bruce Springsteen). Instrumental. Listen to Bruce Springsteens live recording from Hammerschmit London -75! Clarence Clemons is stretching out. Other recordings to listen to: Clarence Clemons Temple Of Soul, live in Asbury Park.
Savin Up (Bruce Springsteen). Listen to CC & The Bank Rockers. Other recordings to listen to: Clarence Clemons Temple Of Soul, live in Asbury Park.
Roadhouse Blues (Densmore/Krieger/Manzarek/Morrison). Listen to the Doors. Other recordings to listen to: A.C. Reed.

Thomas

OP
thehunt

thehunt

Wow, thanks Thomas. I'll give them a listen when i can. Should take about a week!!! Good man..
Here are some songs that I tried to learned by listening. The songs are recorded and performed by lots of artists/bands. To listen to different versions of a song help me cause it gives the song a wider dimension and to play sax like King Curtis, Jr Walker, Noble Watts, Clarence Clemons .... is not possible for me. So listen to other saxplayers/bands helps me. They have perhaps moved the song to a different key, staying out of some "sax-tricks" ..... or they are just playing in a more “human” way! I buy lots of music with bands and artists that are not that famous. All bands/artists need to be bought.

A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cook). Listen to Sam Cooke. King Curtis played this song with Sam Cooke but also on his own. Other recordings to listen to: King Perkoff and a Arizona based band called Cold Shott with the singer called Small Paul.
I've Been Loving You Too Long (Otis Redding/Jerry Butler). Listen to Otis Reeding version with or without horns. Other recordings to listen to: King Curtis and King Perkoff .... .
When Something Is Wrong With My Baby (Isaac Hayes/David Porter). Listen to Sam & Dave. Other recordings to listen to: King Curtis and King Perkoff .... .
Foot Pattin' (Curtis Ousley). Instrumental/sax. Listen to King Curtis. Other recordings to listen to: Jonny Viau, San Diego saxplayer.
Dimples (John Lee Hooker). Listen to Lee Hooker. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording). Brain Crowne on sax.
Hide Away (Freddie King). Instrumental/gtr. Listen to Freddie King. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording). Brain Crowne on sax
Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers). Listen to Bill Withers. Other recordings to listen to: Oreo Blue Ten Down (live recording) and Brain Crowne on sax
Hot Cha (Willie Woods). Instrumental/sax. Listen to: Jr Walker. Other recordings to listen to: King Perkoff and Don Wise.
Hey, Little Girl (Arzell Hill). This song Andrew Clark use to play when he comes over here. Don Wise also did a live recording of the song.
Cleo's Mood (A.Dewalt/W.Woods/H.Fugua). Instrumental/sax. Listen to: Jr Walker. Other recordings to listen to: Andrew Clark.
Hard Times/The Slop (Noble Watts). Instrumental/sax. The one on only: Noble "Thin Man" Watts.
Genuine Snake (Don Wise). Don Wise own song.
F L A (Noble Watts). Listen to Noble Watts. Other recordings to listen to: Sax Gordon
Paradise By The C (Bruce Springsteen). Instrumental. Listen to Bruce Springsteens live recording from Hammerschmit London -75! Clarence Clemons is stretching out. Other recordings to listen to: Clarence Clemons Temple Of Soul, live in Asbury Park.
Savin Up (Bruce Springsteen). Listen to CC & The Bank Rockers. Other recordings to listen to: Clarence Clemons Temple Of Soul, live in Asbury Park.
Roadhouse Blues (Densmore/Krieger/Manzarek/Morrison). Listen to the Doors. Other recordings to listen to: A.C. Reed.

Thomas

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom