Adobe Lightroom 3

half diminished

Lads and lasses and budding photographers among us. Just bought LR3 and thought I'd share my experience with you. It's bloody superb! New noise reduction and the latest 2010 RAW conversion engine is awesome. I just can't believe the difference it makes to older 2004/2005 files especially. Well done Adobe. Give it a try though it's not exactly cheap.

Chris98

Hello Ian,

Alas another program that will not run on my G5! I've used Aperture since it was released and although I'm not running the latest version, (alas another program that will not run on my G5 - the list is getting quite long!) I think it too is a great program. I feel you can't go wrong with either program, they are both excellent tools for the photographer or dabbler like me.

Best wishes,

Chris

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Chris

I've been desperate to love Aperture but it's just not happened. Some things are great but I never really got going. I did upgrade to Aperture 3 in the vain hope that that might be it but alas, I'm now using LR3 and have pretty much just about finished importing over 12,000 images into it. It does seem however that 3gb of RM is not enough, especially when using PS CS5 and Bridge at the same time! Then again I've been looking for an excuse to move to 12gb RAM anyway! Better start saving. :w00t:

Top Bottom