SYOS

Action and spring tension

half diminished

The action spring tension on my tenor is much stiffer than that on the saxello and (consequently?) I find I can play much faster on the sop despite spending less than 5% of my time away from the tenor.

How much can I lighten the spring tension on the tenor? One for Griff as he set it up,can the PMXT 66R be adjusted much lighter?

Pete C

yes

Both my Mauriat tenors came out of the factory with very stiff action - some of the springs were particularly stiff especially high D and low Eb - after expert tinkering they are now both very slick. Take yours to a good repairer for an adjustment.

Pete C

that came out wrong

sorry that sounds like I'm denegrating Griffs work - I mean take it to a good repairer like Griff and ask him to adjust the action to be lighter! Pete

OP
half diminished

half diminished

sorry that sounds like I'm denegrating Griffs work - I mean take it to a good repairer like Griff and ask him to adjust the action to be lighter! Pete
It was unfortunate that Griff was not able to set it up 'with me' as I think he usually tries to but i was unable to be there. I may try to get to Croydon soon!

Top Bottom