All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Acid Jazz

Littlewailer

Hey all,

I'm looking to produce some of this music more and more this month. I'm putting together a band and doing a show at the end of the month for a friend.

Here is my first stab.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Any comments are welcome.

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Well, you know me well, and that I'm more than a strong supporter of your efforts, but also try to be critical in ways that I hope will help. Big difference in this recording compared to your past work with this sounding much more professional and the sax sound clearly not a tweaked bassoon. Good job! Everything you've played is right in terms of tempo feel, good improvisations, etc. But it is lacking in melodic direction. You have one repeated line that's not very strong and comes in rather late. (IMHO) this style is more like rock in that to be great it needs not only a good danceable strong beat, but also needs a hook. A strong melodic line will work, unusual breaks, unusual modulations, ...something...almost anything.

Don't get me wrong, this is very acceptable, but not very memorable. If just a showcase for playing in the style you're doing fine. If a composition you'd expect to catch attention and run, then it needs work.

wishing you all the best and hopefully not pushing too hard where just compliments may have worked better.

Littlewailer

Well, you know me well, and that I'm more than a strong supporter of your efforts, but also try to be critical in ways that I hope will help. Big difference in this recording compared to your past work with this sounding much more professional and the sax sound clearly not a tweaked bassoon. Good job! Everything you've played is right in terms of tempo feel, good improvisations, etc. But it is lacking in melodic direction. You have one repeated line that's not very strong and comes in rather late. (IMHO) this style is more like rock in that to be great it needs not only a good danceable strong beat, but also needs a hook. A strong melodic line will work, unusual breaks, unusual modulations, ...something...almost anything.

Don't get me wrong, this is very acceptable, but not very memorable. If just a showcase for playing in the style you're doing fine. If a composition you'd expect to catch attention and run, then it needs work.

wishing you all the best and hopefully not pushing too hard where just compliments may have worked better.
I always "get it".

you don't have to worry about offending me. I'm a big boy.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom