support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Academy Jericho alto passaround

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Robbie of Academy saxophones has asked me about doing a passaround of a Jericho (see other thread). Would anyone be interested in this?

Don't PM me as I'll probably get Robbie to organise it, just let us know in this thread how much interest there is.

I have just done a review, and also compared it next to a BW, very interesting. I found the Jericho to be way better than your usual bog standard cheap Chinese horn, with a very pro sounding tone. In my opinion it compared well with the BW, but did not quite have the versatility and subtlety (but then the BW costs quite a bit more), however it was indeed extremely like a YAS62 as mentioned by Stephen Howard, and I've always liked those. Kind of straight ahead direct sound (the BW was more complex, somewhat like a vintage Conn)

I will be happy to compare it with my JP and my SML Gold Medal. Very curious about tuning tendencies. I am often in contact with baritonesax. If he is interested too it could make things simpler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a wee taster for these horns...

http://www.studentmusicsupplies.com/jericho-j6-alto----rose-brass--silver-plate-199-p.asp

this model appears to be the flasher version...

Sounds to me like these horns will be good for a beginner to a pro player wanting a back up to their 62 series or 82Z series altos.

Appears to be so much good stuff around nowadays for budding sax players to not-so-budding players...

Some G.A.S. coming along for Jon, Rhys and Davey perhaps?

Regards,

Greg S.

If any one would like to pass around the JERICHO sax please drop me a line or an email and ill arrange couriers etc.

id be interested to know how well it travels aswell.

my number

07888 730397

full blurb plus a pete effamy video demo is now posted on the studentmusicsupplies web site.

i cant post a link or email cos im still a freshman

Id value all views. thinking about new finishes aswell. all suggestions welcome.

cheers

robbie

hi al

jon and young col are interested in having a look at the J-6. apparently you are relatively local.

when is convenient for you?

cheers

robbie

01256 350282

hi al

jon and young col are interested in having a look at the J-6. apparently you are relatively local.

when is convenient for you?

cheers

robbie

01256 350282

"Al" as in Aldevis or as in all without an "L"?
If "Aldevis" I am fairly free during the day, feel free to PM me.

I just mentioned to pete that between now and xmas i am happy to offer a 10% discount on JERICHO SAXES to all cafe saxophone members.

its nice for my horns to be used by people who like to talk about them.

cheers

robbie

I just mentioned to pete that between now and xmas i am happy to offer a 10% discount on JERICHO SAXES to all cafe saxophone members.

its nice for my horns to be used by people who like to talk about them.

cheers

robbie

This could mean a flood of new members... I will try not to mention it to my students: they are already entitled to VAT free purchases and I don't want them to read about that time I had a gig in a club sharing the green room with topless dancers.

Al, if you'reoften in the West End I can hand the sax over to you, as I work in Victoria. Saves the cost and hassle of a courier.

I totally agree. Couriers don't like to come to my street and I usually have to wait at home for ages. Who will be after me, then?
(If it helps, I should start teaching in Hampton Court in two weeks time)

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom