All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Absolutely nothing to to do with the saxophone, but....

thesaxman71

that took me right back, reminded me so much of the old zx spectrum or commodore 64 computer games music, a blast from the past.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Wasn't expecting that :eek:

Got to agree a real blast from the past:)

Jx

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Loved it, has a real vibe to it. (re: the gaming music, it reminds me more of some of the worlds in Mario 64)

:clapping:

Nick Wyver

noisy
Café Supporter
Locality
Minster On Sea
Atari running Notator. Hard to believe it used to be the industry standard. It's not that long since I threw mine out.

Jamesmac

Seeing this has reminded me how much RAM has changed. I never used an Atari, but I bought my first computer around that time, to use with some music program, that turned out to be Cakewalk, a pirate version. ( but they have made quite a bit of money from me since then with upgrades) anyway I was talking with Eddie Harvey in the cafe at Holland Park who used the Atari for his jazz arr. He had just upgraded his RAM to 2mb. The standard RAM for a PC at that time was 4mb and I was getting a PC with 8mb. When I told Eddie his mouth dropped open. How RAM has changed.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
I can remember in my younger days as an amateur astronomer the 'geek squad' in the corner drooling over Texas Instruments programmable calculators. These had magnetic cards with I think 512 bytes of capacity. When the 48k ZX Spectrum came out they couldn't imagine that you could possibly use all of that memory...

stefank

Locality
Hobart, Tasmania
My first Atari had only half a mb of RAM, and I needed to upgrade to 1 mb to do many things. I well remember my first (external) HDD - a mighty 30 mb!

Jamesmac

My first Atari had only half a mb of RAM, and I needed to upgrade to 1 mb to do many things. I well remember my first (external) HDD - a mighty 30 mb!

Yes, mine was 40mb, and I thought it would last forever, now I use a terrabit as a back up drive. Where will it end. To a certain extent I blame manufacturers, so they can shift more product.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom