PPT mouthpieces

Absolute Beginner.

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
Hello everyone :) I'm really happy to be here. It may sound really weird but my psssion for the kind of music which I really love now, actually sprung from watching vintage Tom and Jerry cartoons whenever the cats got together and played what I think was typical of the 1930s - 50s music scene in New Orleans. Then there was Zoot from the Muppets... And my childhood was played out with a backing track from the West Coast American jazz scene of the 1950s and 60s. My late father had a great collection of music. It wasn't until after he died that I began to add to this and delve deeper into the whole genre. The sax has always been my favourite instrument. I can listen to it forever and I love how it can "speak" in so many different ways, for example growling through a Blues track or playing out a lively and complex melody in Jazz or crooning seductively (no I don't mean Kenny Gee elevator music.) I am listening to some Big Band swing currently in particular Glenn Miller and picking out the saxophone pieces on some of the tracks because they are beautiful. As a rule i'm not that into Big Band so I skip over the brass dominated tracks.
I thought that my days of learning how to play a new instrument were over and I knew it would be an expensive investment, so I hesitated for a few years. However, a new phase has started in my life and I decided to just do it. I'm so glad that I did.

Great intro !
I always loved Tom and Jerry too.. the episode with Tom in the Zoot suit was brilliant.
Big Band stuff is IMHO always well worth listening to !!
Glad you've finally got started on Saxophone anyway..:)

-Love_That_Pup2.jpg

Welcome to the Cafe' Alice

Nice intro :thumb: Enjoy the journey :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone!! :thanks1: you've really made me laugh! I'm so looking forward to reading through all the posts here in the various forums, i'm loving everything here!

Welcome to the cafe, long may your love of the sax last :)

And there is nothing wrong with Kenny G or elevator music ;)

Jx

Haha! I'm so sorry - I don't know why I even wrote that. I haven't heard any of his music since the late 1980s. Perhaps I should listen to a track now and see if I still feel the same. If I don't return, please assume that the lift got stuck!

G'Day...and welcome to the Café...:)

Great intro !
I always loved Tom and Jerry too.. the episode with Tom in the Zoot suit was brilliant.
zoot_tom.jpg

Big Band stuff is IMHO always well worth listening to !!
Glad you've finally got started on Saxophone anyway..:)

That is perfect!

Back
Top Bottom