About time.......

stefank

It's good to see you lot in the UK finally getting out of bed, as I embark on my second post-prandial glass of wine on a Friday evening........

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
It's good to see you lot in the UK finally getting out of bed, as I embark on my second post-prandial glass of wine on a Friday evening........
maybe you need to get more Tasmanians to join the forum.

BTW, you don't happen to know my old trumpet playing buddy, Mick Reynolds, who moved to Tasmania years and years ago?

Last I heard he was teaching trumpet and maybe composition at a university there.

OP
stefank

stefank

BTW, you don't happen to know my old trumpet playing buddy, Mick Reynolds, who moved to Tasmania years and years ago?

Last I heard he was teaching trumpet and maybe composition at a university there.
No, and given the size of the place it's strange that I don't at least know of him. I shall enquire.

Moz

No, and given the size of the place it's strange that I don't at least know of him. I shall enquire.
I was in the States years ago and when asked where I lived in England I said Maidenhead. He said "is that near London ?" I replied in the affirmative. "I once went to school with a guy called [whatever], he lived in London, perhaps you know him?"

I replied that I probably did but since the terrible accident involving me, a motorbike and a life-sized model of a teradactyl my ability to recall faces was limited to those my wife, Winston Churchill and Roland Rat. He accepted the statement with the words "bummer, man"!

Martin

OP
stefank

stefank

I was in the States years ago and when asked where I lived in England I said Maidenhead. He said "is that near London ?" I replied in the affirmative. "I once went to school with a guy called [whatever], he lived in London, perhaps you know him?"

I replied that I probably did but since the terrible accident involving me, a motorbike and a life-sized model of a teradactyl my ability to recall faces was limited to those my wife, Winston Churchill and Roland Rat. He accepted the statement with the words "bummer, man"!

Martin
That's not how it works for Tasmanians. In a disturbing number of cases we DO know who they're talking about. I was in Kraków with the Polish relatives (contact with the English ones was lost generations ago) and I suddenly came face to face with a fellow student of my six person Polish class in Hobart. That's just the way it is.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
That's the best one I've heard for a long time!

My wife and I joke with each other using double meanings that the kids don't understand. Have to be moe careful now, their vocabulary is getting better as they get older.

Top Bottom