All profit supporting   special needs music

About time I said Hi to all...

fibracell

fibracell

I've posted a few odd things, and thought that it's about time I said hello and thanked everyone for all the help and info gained on this forum.

i played for a very short time when i was a kid, and also played a bit of flute to grade 5. I started playing the sax again a few years ago, and just did grade 7, which kinda motivates you to do more and practise more.

I started with a yamaha 25 tenor, then a purple 62. I upgraded to a selmer series 2 tenor, having tried about 5 selmers at Bradford. I upgraded a 275 alto when i saw a 62 at a great bargain price. I have a cheap sop, but can't seem to get on with it. Never tried a bari yet. So it's mainly alto and tenor.

I've had a few lessons. First one was teacher from hell - great, awesome player but not very good lessons, who kept telling me 'how long you been playing?' and 'oh, can't you play those double tempo licks?' and 'can you transcribe brecker?' - to which I'd reply 'a year' and 'no!'. I think this guy just wanted to give everyone a hard time, while telling you how great he was..

Since then, I have done lots of transcriptions = Scot Hamilton , Lou Donaldson, and yes Brecker is my favorite tenor player, but the greatest player of all time has to be - drum roll --- Mr C.Parker.

I also do some writing and composing....

cheers = Rob

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Hi Rob

Welcome to the cafe:)

Posting odd things is fine you'll fit in with the rest of us;}

Jx

kernewegor

kernewegor

Bon vivant, raconteur and twit
Locality
cocks hill perranporth KERNOW
Hi Rob, welcome to the cafe!

Plenty of fun here, and plenty of information, too!

Torgaloukos Sax

Torgaloukos Sax

Locality
Athens , Greece
Welcome to the cafe, Rob!

old git

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
Welcome to the caff©, Rob.

Please note that robbing members is the exclusive right of the CaSLM darn sari and the MASLM oop norf.

ENJOY!​™

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Big welcome from me. Have fun here.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

TomMapfumo

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
Big welcome from me, too!

Sent from my Spanish Cuisine language course using TapasTalk too

J

Justin Chune

Locality
The Athens of The North
Hi Rob and welcome to the cafe.

Jim.

gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Welcome aboard Rob keep on posting,hope you found a better tutor in the end, sounds like your up this neck of the woods if you bought from bradford....john

fibracell

fibracell

Welcome aboard Rob keep on posting,hope you found a better tutor in the end, sounds like your up this neck of the woods if you bought from bradford....john

Hi John,

Yes I'm actually in East Yorkshire, so woodwind exchange is about 1hour 30mins. for me. I'd advise most people to buy from there because you can sit in a practise room with as many different saxes and/or mouthpieces for as long as you want. And I've always had a good part ex deal too. And/or you can just drool over the vintage 5 digit mark 6 and SBA !

gladsaxisme

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Hi John,

Yes I'm actually in East Yorkshire, so woodwind exchange is about 1hour 30mins. for me. I'd advise most people to buy from there because you can sit in a practise room with as many different saxes and/or mouthpieces for as long as you want. And I've always had a good part ex deal too. And/or you can just drool over the vintage 5 digit mark 6 and SBA !

It's a place I have tended to avoid like the plague, I kind of have this idea that its a bit like the second hand shop in last of the summer wine where once inside there is no escape without a sax under your arm.....John

zelda

zelda

On the border
Locality
British Columbia interior, Canada
Hi, Rob. Welcome.