PPT mouthpieces

Ligatures Abelet Ligature ??

well, they look nice, as do the similar ones from Parachos. Don't suppose they make a huge difference to your sound but they seem to be a lot more practical than those wooden 'napkin ring' ligatures that some companies make.
The video seems to be mainly about how to attach the pressure plates

why not? They are very decorative and probably hold the reed against the mouthpiece correctly as most ligatures do

I use an Olegature on my 875 and it appears to make me more consistent

good for you! So,l I take you are not looking for another ligature then, you just like their looks, which, I agree, is most of the innovation offered by these Abelet.

Absolutely but I also think that simpler is better and these look robust and easy to apply with one screw. I wonder if a tenor version would work with my PPT Onyxite?

I received one from Abelet 2 weeks ago to try out. It is by far the best ligature I've tried and I've tried/owned/sold Vandoren Optimum, M/O,Masters,Leather, Flexible all the BGs, all the Rovners, all the Francois Louis's, Marc Jean, Olegature, Winslow, Harrison and others I can't even remember over the last twenty years. I can't say one ligature is better for every player than another, but they're all different! What I like about this is it does seem to boost the lower notes and thicken up the upper register BUT has minimal changes to your tone - perfect for me! Most expensive ligatures like the F Louis and Marc Jean do the same kind of thing but always seem to "modernise" my sound a little. I use an old Selmer Soloist and this ligature maintains the vintage sound.
I've posted a quick video on youtube but don't expect to hear a massive difference in tone between the 2 ligs used. However, it certainly is more responsive and quicker when I play and boosts the lower and higher registers. It's very well made, the brass fittings are real quality. As with all equipment, it's a personal choice and what works for one player won't for another, but I'm totally sold on the Abelet - if you're in the market for a new lig, certainly worth trying.

By the way, the other ligature used was an old Selmer 2 screw, which up until now has given me the best results on my Soloist. Difficult to appreciate the difference, obviously, until you play/hear one in the flesh, but works for me!

Cheers for the feedback Bob, I'll check one out in a few weeks time.

I received one from Abelet 2 weeks ago to try out. It is by far the best ligature I've tried and I've tried/owned/sold Vandoren Optimum, M/O,Masters,Leather, Flexible all the BGs, all the Rovners, all the Francois Louis's, Marc Jean, Olegature, Winslow, Harrison and others I can't even remember over the last twenty years. I can't say one ligature is better for every player than another, but they're all different! What I like about this is it does seem to boost the lower notes and thicken up the upper register BUT has minimal changes to your tone - perfect for me! Most expensive ligatures like the F Louis and Marc Jean do the same kind of thing but always seem to "modernise" my sound a little. I use an old Selmer Soloist and this ligature maintains the vintage sound.
I've posted a quick video on youtube but don't expect to hear a massive difference in tone between the 2 ligs used. However, it certainly is more responsive and quicker when I play and boosts the lower and higher registers. It's very well made, the brass fittings are real quality. As with all equipment, it's a personal choice and what works for one player won't for another, but I'm totally sold on the Abelet - if you're in the market for a new lig, certainly worth trying.
Are you Curly Woodwind shop? If so will you be stocking them? And at what price if you are going to resell?

Back
Top Bottom