support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

A Tune from Dave Stewart & Candy Dulfer ..

But only once, I think. And what a lovely clavicle.
Definitely more than once. I watched it again to check. I've never been much of a clavicle man myself, but chacun a son gout...

Seriously, though, I think this performance is about the first time I've seen circular breathing used for more than just showing off. You just couldn't play the piece otherwise. Really impressive that she can keep the pressure constant enough for those smooth arpeggios.

More of a classical clarinet tecnique. Easier on soprano and clarinet than Baritone. I can just about manage on tenor but no chance on Baritone. Another handy tool to have in your performance toolbox.
I'd put this in the "showing off without really adding to the music" category, but impressive nonetheless (towards the end):

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she must be tiny.

All saxophones can be identified in pictures by the shape of the crook. Check Mr Thomas' picture at the top. Bass has a distinctive shape. I get asked if my alto is a sop.

Your quite right Colin I have to concede it just looked so damned big and I know there can be variations in bass saxes for some reason ....John

This guy must be tiny too

basssax.jpg