All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

A Tune For Christmas

Saxlicker

Here goes then...

I chose this Tune because it is easy to get a nice atmosphere going when I play it live. Now I thought that would transfer to recording it without needing too much attention.
How very very wrong I was, it lost all the atmosphere playing it straight through my mic.
So....after a dozen or so takes I got some nice warmth to it and thought I'd leave it be.
Then the next day I went back to it determined that it was my way or not to bother. So Ladies and Gents I scrapped the dot values and just decided to go for it. I figured it would either work for you or not and I'll let you be the judges. :shocked:
I hope you enjoy it!

Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas by Saxlicker

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Lovely, nice and relaxed. Now I'm right in the mood for a mince pie and a Glava!

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
That sets the atmosphere very well indeed Trev, bring on the mince pies..

Saxlicker

Thanks Everyone for having a listen and for your comments :thumb:

Well Done Chris! and thanks for joining me.
Hope we get some more company soon.

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Not exactly a Christmas song. But a song played at Christmas time anyway. It's not a particularly complicated tune, but I realized quite quickly that a few practice rounds were necessary. Could have done a couple more I guess (but I didn't >:)). Anyway: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Saxade

Great to see such a fantastic response... Every one is doing veeeery well :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I had better get my act together..... ;}

Saxade

Ok.. This is my try.... could not find a ballad anywhere... So out of my comfort zone.. with a bright version of Frosty The Snowman...
The very beginning sounds a bit muffled for some reason and of-cause their is some playing errors... but keen to get something up ... Here it is ... Note: Frosty the snowman NEVER visits Western Australia So safe from payback :))) :)))

DeadAudiolink Removed

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Well done Saxade:welldone Never say never >:) with climate change..

Chris

Saxade

Not exactly a Christmas song. But a song played at Christmas time anyway. It's not a particularly complicated tune, but I realized quite quickly that a few practice rounds were necessary. Could have done a couple more I guess (but I didn't >:)). Anyway: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
You have done a fantastic version of this .. great feel... I am so happy to hear all you guys/gals having a go .. to have a go is going to benefit the player... until you put yourself up there ... You Will NEVER Know :thumb:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I'm all in the mood for Christmas shopping now at the weekend:veryhappy:

Thank you all

Jx

Saxlicker

Bump!!!

We are approaching mid December now its been quiet for a while, I know you want to have go...
Don't be shy.....

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom