All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Backing Tracks A Tribute To Stan

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjPajnRNkw

I've looked all over the internet and can't find anything about this tune other than it was written by the Brazilian guitarist Baden Powell. I'd love to have the chord progression but I'm not able to work it out for myself and I'm too lazy to try and harmonise a transcription of the melody (blushes suitably). Does anyone have the lead sheet or chord sheet? Thanks for looking and I'd appreciate any information.

spike

Old Indian
Locality
Half way up a hill
What's it called in Brazilian ;) ?
Many Tabs for Baden Powell can be found here:
Tabs

Vote:
Upvote 0

Sue

Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
What's it called in Brazilian ;) ?
Many Tabs for Baden Powell can be found here:
Tabs
Thank you - I did look on there but no listing, although it is on this list Index of compositions and versions sadly no details other than the name. It's run by his son (Philippe Baden Powell) but the 'contact us' info specifically says don't ask for missing tabs and I wouldn't dream of upsetting him.

Vote:
Upvote 0

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
You can get a reasonable idea of the chord changes by running the recording through Chordify.

I tried that and the result is this. If you can't see the linked analysis then I can try and type it up here.

The results have to be treated with caution as Chordify doesn't do well with complex chord extensions and sometimes sees changes that aren't there. But if you can work out the song structure and then compare different choruses you can get close.

Rhys

Reactions: Sue
Vote:
Upvote 0

Sue

Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Thanks so much @rhysonsax This is a new app for me to try I’ll check your chord chart out. Cheers

Vote:
Upvote 0

Staff online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom