PPT mouthpieces

"A Town With a Great Water" by Yves Tampère & Robert Montheureux

I liked that very much, @Rojaros , it seems to suit the times we are living in.… how much was written/ pre-planned or was it a free creation?

Thanks,@Zugzwang... this was completely what is somewhat pompously called 'instant composing'. 100% :)
Oh, I thought you called it, 'composed in the moment'

I must admit, I thought either term could be pompous, but I've decided that since there is a spectrum of improvisation technique and circumstance, one can just as well sub-categorise it, and 'composed in the moment' seems to fit what you play

Anyway, I've been trying to find a quiet moment to listen to more of your excellently played and thought-provoking pieces, I have, and this piece is no exception

Many thanks for your feedback... 'composing in the moment' would be actually a better term, indeed, and I don't mind calling it either way. The reason I called it pompous is more related to myself, as I really have no concept of either of them when playing; this is just what happens intuitively after more than 15 years of collaboration with Muneer B. Fennell, who is not only a great musician in himself, but also an embodiment of these ideas of 'composing in the moment' by retaining an impeccable sense of form and coherence.

We have been working so intensely on our music over years that even being dumb as I am I just can't help but to bring out some of these experiences. If you are interested in this aspect of our musical investigation, search YT for Rhythm String(s) Duo (or Trio with guests). It's all on my YT channel TheMusicalEvents (one word).

Wish you all the best, stay safe Robert

Many thanks for your feedback... 'composing in the moment' would be actually a better term, indeed, and I don't mind calling it either way. The reason I called it pompous is more related to myself, as I really have no concept of either of them when playing; this is just what happens intuitively after more than 15 years of collaboration with Muneer B. Fennell, who is not only a great musician in himself, but also an embodiment of these ideas of 'composing in the moment' by retaining an impeccable sense of form and coherence.

We have been working so intensely on our music over years that even being dumb as I am I just can't help but to bring out some of these experiences. If you are interested in this aspect of our musical investigation, search YT for Rhythm String(s) Duo (or Trio with guests). It's all on my YT channel TheMusicalEvents (one word).

Wish you all the best, stay safe Robert
I'll do that

Stay safe yersel'

Back
Top Bottom