All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

A terrible let down.

old git

Tremendous Bore
I have been an ardent admirer and supporter of that nice Mr Thomas ever since this forum was discovered. To show my gratitude, an instrument and a bicycle has been sold with 100% going to Pete's charity. I have followed his advice on mouthpieces, having waited the usual six months for one of Ron's magic bits of hand carved rubber and a 9* PPT that are still cherished.

I bought Pete's Yamaha WX7 which included two mouthpieces. Whichever mouthpiece I try, the sound remains identical, so who should be trusted with refacing the WX7 pieces, Morgan, Dr. Pillinger or who?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
This isn't a saxophone. If you want to blow the pants off everyone Cosworth would be approrpriate. Just watch out for an internal K&N if you take it to Cosworth.

Otherwise try Bob Moog's company, he's not around any more, but I believe they know a bit about wierd noises.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I bought Pete's Yamaha WX7 which included two mouthpieces. Whichever mouthpiece I try, the sound remains identical, so who should be trusted with refacing the WX7 pieces, Morgan, Dr. Pillinger or who?
Why not trying some new reeds first? Maybe the two mouthpieces only react with appropriate plastic reeds.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Correct orientation with ley lines for appropriate psychic resonances?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Was thinking about placing a precious stone one of them but need advice on the stone, the size and the position.

jeremyjuicewah

Get another three sets of teeth. Mpc, reed and chopper combinations give many more variables. One of them will be right.

llamedos

Can one never receive a sensible answer to a genuine enquiry here?
Whatever made you think otherwise? Anyone who has spent any time lurking around the Caff knows that you must always be taken seriously.

However, if you feel I for one have transgressed please accept my humble apologies. (Pause for removal of tongue from cheek)

regards
Dave

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I'm beginning to think your forum name should be AlDevlish >:)
I will eventually apply for a special permission to log in as an alter ego (Walter Ego was my original idea).
Since I am using my real name and my students could read the forum, I often avoid to tell saucy musical stories, like the one about the gig in a topless bar with a full big band playing "well you needn't" as an encore.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom