All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

A smoother version of my old mate "Stella"

thesaxman71

I been a bit crazy busy and not had much time on the forums, life huh....
so here is a recent bit of soprano playing, a tune i have played over the years on gigs etc etc, i love this old classic Stella by starlight, i thought to give it a more modern but still a tasteful twist.
all feedback is welcome..

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwivrYAJE8&list=UUAfYDvEVzTE2hdAhglY6jvw

Last edited by a moderator:

thesaxman71

I done a few tunes recently on different saxes and mouthpieces in between gigs and real life stuff so i will post some.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Like I said on sotw this setup of the DG Studio mp and Yani S6 sop is killer. Sounds awesome. I can hear your just so at ease on it which just lets you be you and dive in the melting pot of the music. Top draw and top playing, production is also great.Cool.

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Great sound Ian, for me you have one of the best sop sounds I've heard. Lovely version of an old standard.

Chris..

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I like your sop playing. I just ran through the you tube clips you have on there. No alto or Bari?

thesaxman71

I like your sop playing. I just ran through the you tube clips you have on there. No alto or Bari?
thanks for listening.
yes there is alto on there, prelude to a kiss, i kept it in a vintage style on that tune, and baritone is coming soon, just finishing off a few pieces i am recording on alto and also waiting til my jody jazz dv mouthpiece arrives for my baritone to record on.

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Agree with everyone's comments, sounds so natural. Great stuff

RICHSAX

I been a bit crazy busy and not had much time on the forums, life huh....
so here is a recent bit of soprano playing, a tune i have played over the years on gigs etc etc, i love this old classic Stella by starlight, i thought to give it a more modern but still a tasteful twist.
all feedback is welcome..

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwivrYAJE8&list=UUAfYDvEVzTE2hdAhglY6jvw
thanks for listening.
yes there is alto on there, prelude to a kiss, i kept it in a vintage style on that tune, and baritone is coming soon, just finishing off a few pieces i am recording on alto and also waiting til my jody jazz dv mouthpiece arrives for my baritone to record on.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom