support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Wind Controller A saxophone sounds like keyboard !

Giorgio Emm

Hi there at CafeSaxophone. Is there anybody who can help me about a question I have? Early 80's I was listening to groups like "Tower of Power" and I've recognized an instrument that sounds like keyboards. Asking a musician about it told me that the sound comes out from a weird saxophone named (That's what I am looking for) something like "Lexicon" or "Lexington" or similar. Please help me to find out what was it. I think he told me that wasn't electronic but classic instrument.

Hi Giorgio

Welcome to Café Sax :)

I'm sure you will soon have an answer but meanwhile why don't you go and introduce yourself in the doorbell section

Jx

Computone (manufacturer of Lyricon) also made a number of peripherals for PCs and servers back in the late 80's/early 90's.. These products were distributed in EMEA and only sold to resellers. The PC products sold well but the Lyricon...........

We had about fifty of them in stock and returned them as Computone wanted to sell via PC resellers.

A New Lyricon I sells for $7,000.00
A New Lyricon II sells for $3,800.00
They are still being made by the inventor Bill Bernardi.
there is a one year wait for a new one.

Just discovered this quote on a dealer site in the USA

Tom Scott used the Lyricon a lot during the 1970s including on the TV theme tune for Starskey & Hutch; Sanborn uses one on the "Promise Me The Moon" album , track "The Legend of Cheops"...
When Lenny Pickett wrote a series of articles for the Saxophone Journal back in the 1990s he wrote about how he was one of the developers for the instrument.

Greg S.

Last edited: